.380 ammo hording???

Rod38um

I bought this little Kel-Tec .380 a week ago. The place I bought it didnt have any ammo for it at the time I purchased it. I've stopped in 3 other stores and still no ammo...... People buying and hording ammo..... how long can it last? I mean sooner or later, it looks like everyone is gonna want to sell. Do you think the price is at some point gonna drop like a rock?

KelTec380.jpg

I'm sure I'll find it eventually. I hate to drive too far just for ammo.

I'm not in a real big hurry but it kinda stinks to buy a new gun and not be able to shoot it right off.

I'm thinking that pretty soon the market will be flooded with ammo.....IDK, I could be wrong........

Ammunition manufacturers have been cranked up to replace military stock. Also cranked up for sales to foreign military. That puts domestic production and sales on hold. Together with a sudden increase in firearms and ammo purchases after any presidential election. The overall effect is some ammo and firearms are hard to find.

Although I'm beginning to wonder about .380cal, what the heck is up with that.

Ammunition manufacturers have been cranked up to replace military stock. Also cranked up for sales to foreign military. That puts domestic production and sales on hold. Together with a sudden increase in firearms and ammo purchases after any presidential election. The overall effect is some ammo and firearms are hard to find.

Although I'm beginning to wonder about .380cal, what the heck is up with that.

Hey guys, just a lil insight w/ 380.... Mfg are making Lot runs of the mil/le ammo as needed. What you all have to member about 380 is that it is the SAME bullet used in 9MM...only diffrence is 380 is a shorter case. So 380 gets made when they catch up on there 9MM quota for the month...and if they have EXTRA... they will make 380. If any of you are instrested...What Ill do 4 u guys is a weekly ammo update of what we are seeing(ill start a thread) if you have an specifics ... just lemme know

Shoulda got the PF-9. You can get 9mm everywhere and its cheaper. Vances always has .380, if you ever get to Columbus.

BTW, my brother has that gun, he loves it.

I've been there about 4 times in the past 3 months...they never had it. In fact, the guy who called my ticket number snickered at my request.

No shit? :wtf: They always had it when I was there, but the guys there told me not to get a .380 as everybody was buying them and ammo was scarce. I used to have trouble finding .38 special, but its around now. Paid $1/round for +p at Vances. :eek: