Texting outlawed in C-bus suburb

ReconRat

what about gps? mine IS my phone??

this is ghey if you ask me..

i know it's dangerous to drive with your knee, but it's not like people don't do it other times, other than just texting?? i do it when i'm eating! or when i'm gettin a cd, etc. gonna have that banned too?

gps... pfft. people navigated the earth for thousands of years without GPS.

its not the knee driving thats the problem IMO. its the fact that when you are texting, you are not looking at the road. you are pretty much driving blind. actually, i think a blind person may actually drive better ;)

gps... pfft. people navigated the earth for thousands of years without GPS.

Yep, which is why Columbus thought he had landed in India, thereby calling Native Americans Indians. :p

They now make hands free gps and phones. My Mom and stepfather have both in there cars.

• 1 month later...
I completely and totally agree with this law. Texting while driving SHOULD be illegal. I'm halfway convinced that talking on the phone while driving should be banned too. The majority of the population just can't handle it.

It's as if the phone becomes users number one priority and not the fact that they are driving a vehicle down the road.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen erratic, dangerous or downright stupid driving and more often than not, there is a phone in the person's hand or up to their ear. I would think that anyone who has to endure rush hour traffic every day would agree with me.

they did a myth busters episode on this.. the myth was that talking on the phone is worse than or equal to driving at the limit for being drunk. the little tests they did actually showed that being on the phone was A LOT worse than being a the leagle limit for alcohaul.

the only thing they said was you can hang up the phone. you cant just turn off being drunk.