FJR + Trailer = ?!

the_silverfox

Went to my first Q-S-&-L Bike Night this evening and that was quite fun. Thanks for making me and my S/O quite welcome! I think he's going to join the board too. Should hear from him soon. :)

So...I got questions about my trailer hitch. I pull this Harbor Freight trailer with my FJR1300 and over the last year or so that I've had it, it's carried quite a few things. The usual cargo is my hockey equipment every Friday night for games. But I've done other things with this car replacement.

Tailgating...

5016_709443302805_3402780_42772396_1051413_n.jpg

Surfing with my Swedish hockey skating coach...

6289_129885020277_512720277_3035549_4397392_n.jpg

And occasionally, taking the scooter in for service.

6460_716300341245_3402780_43105979_6674208_n.jpg

So...I got questions about my trailer hitch. I pull this Harbor Freight trailer with my FJR1300 and over the last year or so that I've had it, it's carried quite a few things. The usual cargo is my hockey equipment every Friday night for games. But I've done other things with this car replacement.

And you were suprised to hear that i thought you were a guy!:lol:

You do carry some stuff! It was great talking with both of you this evening.

And you were suprised to hear that i thought you were a guy!:lol:

You do carry some stuff! It was great talking with both of you this evening.

Same here! Glad to finally meet you. As for the lady thing, I find the trailer more stylish than a handbag any day. :D

indeed

on a serious note that is one sweet ride and i did not notice the super trick reflective stickers on the saddle bags till i was behind you.

have fun and keep the rubber side down.

i am also looking for those highways bars

Reflective stickers are from http://www.real-timeindustries.com/. I believe this guy makes reflective stickers for other bikes than the FJR too.

Looked up the place I bought mine from and they're still around. Go to http://www.revsperformance.com/. They also have the engine guards for a lot of other standard/half faired bikes. If I still had mine, I probably would've mounted lights on it too.

BTW, you can hate us now. :p

SV650K3EbarREN10253B.JPG

Oh. MY. GAWD!!! I fucking love it!! I want to surf... down 71 :D

Actually, there may be a BMV rule it's legal to go surfing down the regular roads. Law states that "Riding in the back of an unenclosed cargo storage area of a truck or trailer traveling over 25 M.P.H. is illegal for persons under age 16." So, yes, you can surf. No, not on I-71. LOL

always wondered how a bike handled with a trailer behind it

Feels fine to me. Acceleration is bogged down a little bit because of the extra weight in the back and you would have to start braking a little sooner. It gets a little squiggly once you hit about 70-75 MPH but it also depends on the weight on the back and crosswinds. Problem about the Harbor Freight trailers is that the tires are only 8". Bigger tires and a longer tongue would solve that; lots of riders who have this trailer lengthen the tongue, powdercoat it black, and then throw on one of those Sears roof cargo bins. I think Harbor Freight realized what we bikers do and have a pre-made motorcycle trailer now available.

You play hockey as well? You wouldn't happen to play in the C2 league?

No, I don't play in any of the leagues yet. Just went to my first drop-in game today. But, I'll sub in net for anyone at the moment. Just let me know when you need a goalie!