FS: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)

V4junkie

Clean, well cared for phone. Only had a few months. Comes with rubberized snap on cover, underneath this thing looks brand new. To be perfectly honest the spacebar has been a little funny lately (extra spaces). But never fear, I had this happen on a previous phone. If you have further problems with the keyboard you can take it to a Sprint store and get a new one under the manufacturers warranty! Nice huh?

Here's the review, it does everything.

http://reviews.cnet.com/cell-phones/htc-touch-pro-sprint/4505-6454_7-33248637.html?tag=mncol;lst

I will do a hard reset before sale, but can reinstall the SNES and Sega Genesis emulators if you want them. Comes with all of the stuff, wires, 1gig sd, active sync cd, and headphones.

$150 firm. I may need the phone for another week or two before I line up my next one.

Edited by V4junkie

iPhone + ATT + godly expensive plan compared to what I'm paying with Sprint now = FAIL.

I am curious about the Android..but unfortunately once I leave WinMo, there goes my SERO plan.

The Pre looks nice..but I'm not trying to pay full price. If they offered it for $99 and let me have a plan close to what I'm paying now (The new Sprint plan for free mobile to mobile calls/unlim. txt and internet) is close....

yeah i was thinking the hero as well, but i really dont know if i can get away from winmo, i use alot of apps that are winmo based.

my contract i sup beggining of october. i have been with sprint for 4 years now, ill see what kind of deal they will cut me and go from there.. calling retention and threatening to leave will net you big gains lol

Yeah, Pre would be second place in what I'm shopping for. Thought this review on it was interesting though . . .

http://palmpre.llx.com/

I did some further research. No video? Really? Wow. No direct sync with Outlook? Only Exchange? Really? I'm not an MS fan, but I'm forced to use Outlook at work, and I run it at home for seamless sync'ing on my Moto Q between home and work(which has now been broken with the WinMo 6.5 update). You're forcing me to sync to Google...and then sync from Google to Pre? Um...no. And I require Notes/Tasks/etc to sync as well, and from what I'm seeing, even the pay solutions aren't doing a full sync of the whole database. Yuck.

I guess the Palm Pre is out for me.

Lot's of reasons to NOT get the pre, which I had sort of thought about (not very seriously). I'm still not even sure I'm going to do anything for now. I do have a full upgrade "credit" available, maybe I'll look into some of the new stuff coming, as I really don't need a winmo, or other PDA phone, since I have my own computer here at work anyway.

I will keep the touch pro in mind though, as I like gadgets!

They're coming out with two android phones? I only know of the Hero. Never been a Palm fan either.

The other android phone is a Samsung with a touch screen and a slide out keyboard like your Touch Pro...I'll be waiting on this one cause I need a keyboard.

I haven't hear many people who were happy with the Instinct. YMMV.

The new Palm WebOS is cool..easy to develop for...but the execution of the phone itself sucks. There are a few things it does rather well...but the little things that got left out make it a no-go for me.

I'd be interested in an Android phone...barring it meets my home/work/sync needs. The problem with Android isn't in the execution..it's in the 'marketing'. It's hard for and OS name to get traction. No one cares what Android is or does....except for the people with some sort of technical skill set. This is where it will be hurt most..product recognition. An 'Android phone' can be anything. An iPhone or a Pre is only 'one' thing. People ask when they see a touch screen phone 'Is that an iPhone? Is that a Pre (not so much)?' They don't ask 'Is that an Android phone'?

Even though the OS (Pre or Android) may be a technical success, I don't see the phones gaining much traction (especially in the US).

But hey..who gives a fuck if it isn't the #1 phone? I'd rather have something that works and does what I need it to do..when I need it to do it. I've never been a 'follow the masses' type of person. You don't see my house full of Apple gear just because it looks cool. If I can build it myself or buy the same functionality cheaper...I'll do it.

What the fuck was I ranting about again?

The thing with the new Instinct that is coming out on Sept 27th is it has an Hi-Def screen and you can run it to your TV with HDMI cables I think...hah doesn't do it for me since I'm using a p.o.s. tv from like 1980s and I'm not sure exactly how often I would go connecting my phone to a TV. I guess what would be sweet is HD video at your fingertips...:bukkake-1::takeit::tagteam::sexytime::bj::sleep2: but in HD on your phone. lol

I haven't hear many people who were happy with the Instinct. YMMV

I'm not THAT unhappy with the Instink, I just wish they would FIX the bugs. The wife and I both have Instincts, and they both have random lockup issues, usually in texting. Navigation USED to be good, but it is AWFUL now. The wife's rarely even works, unable to find satellites, when mine is in the same car, held in the same spot, it works. Mine just doesn't seem to be able to figure out where I am, or my heading.

But hey..who gives a fuck if it isn't the #1 phone? I'd rather have something that works and does what I need it to do..when I need it to do it. I've never been a 'follow the masses' type of person. You don't see my house full of Apple gear just because it looks cool. If I can build it myself or buy the same functionality cheaper...I'll do it.

A BIG :plus1:

What the fuck was I ranting about again?

:dunno: Does anyone really care? :lol: (I must, I replied! :eek: )

I like the look of the G1. Complaints about the existing version like 3mp camera, no video, no headphone jack, no stereo buetooth, no Ms exchange sync, etc I'm not much for messaging anyway so I think those things are > lack of a keyboard.

From what I've seen and heard, it will be more like an Instinct...but with a sliding keyboard and Android OS. I'm pretty sure it will have video, stereo bluetooth and headphone jack as most sprint samsung phones. As far as the camera, I'm guessing atleast a 3mp camera (but that's cool with me) and I'm not sure about sync (I never sync anyways, it usualy just pisses me off when things try to sync).

From what I've seen and heard, it will be more like an Instinct...but with a sliding keyboard and Android OS. I'm pretty sure it will have video, stereo bluetooth and headphone jack as most sprint samsung phones. As far as the camera, I'm guessing atleast a 3mp camera (but that's cool with me) and I'm not sure about sync (I never sync anyways, it usualy just pisses me off when things try to sync).

Yeah, hopefully the extra time will give it some needed software upgrades. This is the info I've read on it:

http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/t-mobile-g1-black/4505-6452_7-33283585.html?tag=mncol;lst

Yeah, hopefully the extra time will give it some needed software upgrades. This is the info I've read on it:

http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/t-mobile-g1-black/4505-6452_7-33283585.html?tag=mncol;lst

DAMNIT! No Outlook support. I don't even need Exchange..I just need to be able to sync to the local Outlook database. Grrrrrr.