Yay! more bailouts!!!

dmagicglock

I didn't call anyone any names... and what "weak point" did I make?

Check again, Seems to me someone called someone else a "tightass". We've already covered your weak point, the cartoon, remember?

Got it, so anyone younger than you is an idiot. Makes sense. :confused:

No, I didn't say that. What I said was I knew more than YOU. There's a difference.

Funny you mention the pst office thread because I didn't post ANYTHING from Kos or HuffPo there... it was all taken directly from the USPS financials or articles YOU sourced... So, gotta raise the BS flag there, good try though. I rarely quote Kos or HuffPo - not saying I haven't, but it's rare. This is how I can tell you don't bother educating yourself with the information I cite, or else you'd realize it's not from either of those sources.

All I said was you do post "facts" from the Huffpo and kos. I didn't say it was specifically in this thread, and you've admitted the fact anyway. Based on that, I do take your "facts" with a grain of salt (and a high dose of penicillin - dont wanna get what you've got).

Right, I didn't realize how rational it is to make sure everything your kids hear or say goes through you first. Do you make sure to get their teachers lesson plans to review them prior to sending them to school? And do you make sure none of their friends have a liberal slant, so they won't inadvertently contaminate your children with their absurd and filthy views on the world?

Yes, its my job as a parent to filter as much of what my kids hear or say as I can, and offer my judgment and/or input on it as necessary. Does everything go through me first? Of course it doesn't, and it would be foolish to expect that it would. Naturally, since you don't have kids, I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

I suppose it doesn't have an bearing on this thread other than to illustrate character.

You mean like you bringing up your opinion of my parenting skills?

Well, then why can't you lighten up, pops?

I have no worries, so I figure I am pretty "light" already. You seem to be the one with the issue.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that you in your avatar?

Better re-think that, genius.

Sorry, no its not. I found it online and thought it was funny. I'm sure you think yours is "funny" but you have the secondary motive to express your disapproval for the current administration. We all have opinions, but we're not walking around with our noses in the air. Thus making you look like an asshat with a high school mentality.

Sorry, no its not. I found it online and thought it was funny. I'm sure you think yours is "funny" but you have the secondary motive to express your disapproval for the current administration. We all have opinions, but we're not walking around with our noses in the air. Thus making you look like an asshat with a high school mentality.

So, your opinion is that your avatar is funny should be transferred to me? Sorry, guess again.

Nothing funny about my about my avatar and my disapproval of current administration is not a "secondary motive" for using it. Frankly, its the primary motive. The secondary motive is getting people like you to comment about it.

Question though...if I'm not permitted to make my opinion known, why are YOU entitled to make your opinion of my avatar known?

Talk about juvenile....

Check again, Seems to me someone called someone else a "tightass". We've already covered your weak point, the cartoon, remember?

Ok, if that was THAT offensive, my apologies. It was a question and a chance to explain yourself - NOT calling you one, but I suppose I understand why you would feel offended. (Side note: the irony of a tightass being offended about being called a tightass cannot be ignored - general statement, NOT about Todd)

No, I didn't say that. What I said was I knew more than YOU. There's a difference.

Ok, so you're smarter than me? Are you sure? I would venture to think that your life experience is drastically different than mine, so I don't know how you plan on defending that statement. Where does the bar start? Are we discussing thermodynamics or electromagnetic field theory, or some topic that may play to a strength of yours?

All I said was you do post "facts" from the Huffpo and kos. I didn't say it was specifically in this thread, and you've admitted the fact anyway. Based on that, I do take your "facts" with a grain of salt (and a high dose of penicillin - dont wanna get what you've got).

Facts are facts. There are FACTS on Kos and HuffPo regardless of the slant they put on them. So, you filter out the slant and draw your own conclusions, but you can't argue an unedited statement made by a congressperson caught on video...

Yes, its my job as a parent to filter as much of what my kids hear or say as I can, and offer my judgment and/or input on it as necessary. Does everything go through me first? Of course it doesn't, and it would be foolish to expect that it would. Naturally, since you don't have kids, I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

You don't have a engineering degree to understand a battery, you don't have to be a plumber to understand how to unclog a drain, you don't have to be a vet to know you don't kick puppies.... I've observed and talked to enough parents to have an educated opinion on them - even if I don't have my own. So, you can shelter your kids as much as you want, but they'll eventually have to deal with the harsh reality of the world, not Todd-reality - and your pro-censorship approach will leave them vastly unprepared in problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.

I have no worries, so I figure I am pretty "light" already. You seem to be the one with the issue.

I'm just trying to gain understanding.

Edited by JRMMiii

So, your opinion is that your avatar is funny should be transferred to me? Sorry, guess again.

Nothing funny about my about my avatar and my disapproval of current administration is not a "secondary motive" for using it. Frankly, its the primary motive. The secondary motive is getting people like you to comment about it.

Question though...if I'm not permitted to make my opinion known, why are YOU entitled to make your opinion of my avatar known?

Talk about juvenile....

First, I apologize for not articulating my thought process clearly enough. Its not that I don't want you to express your opinion, its just how you approach it.

I take offense to any desecration of the flag, especially since I have 3 siblings fighting in the armed forces under that flag. Flying the flag upside down as a political statement fits in that category. You're flying the flag out in the front of your thoughts, giving anyone that sees it an opportunity to form an opinion of you before you start typing. I'm just saying you'd probably be doing yourself a favor by changing your avatar, along with avoiding the conflict of insulting people.

Ok, if that was THAT offensive, my apologies. It was a question and a chance to explain yourself - NOT calling you one, but I suppose I understand why you would feel offended. (Side note: the irony of a tightass being offended about being called a tightass cannot be ignored - general statement, NOT about Todd)

So, if you frame it in the form of a question, its not calling someone a name. Lets try this - "are you really as big of an asshole in real life as you appear to be here?" Saying it that way is ok, right?

Ok, so you're smarter than me? Are you sure? I would venture to think that your life experience is drastically different than mine, so I don't know how you plan on defending that statement. Where does the bar start? Are we discussing thermodynamics or electromagnetic field theory, or some topic that may play to a strength of yours?

Yes, I believe I'm smarter than you. I said that already - more than once. Since you know nothing of my life experience how can you assume I'm not prepared to discuss thermodynamics or electromagnetic field theory? I mean you said a little further down the line that you're qualified to be an electrical engineer, a plumber, and a veterinarian so why would be a stretch that I could intelligently discuss any subject?

Facts are facts. There are FACTS on Kos and HuffPo regardless of the slant they put on them. So, you filter out the slant and draw your own conclusions, but you can't argue an unedited statement made by a congressperson caught on video...

So, lemme see if I got this straight...I can filter out the slant on the huffpost and kos, and its still news? I'm gonna have to ask why you can't do the same with Fox?

I can't argue an edited statement by a congressman? Why not? Seems to me they same plenty of things that I can argue.

You don't have a engineering degree to understand a battery, you don't have to be a plumber to understand how to unclog a drain, you don't have to be a vet to know you don't kick puppies.... I've observed and talked to enough parents to have an educated opinion on them - even if I don't have my own.

If you really believe that raising a child is as simple as understanding how a battery works, or how to unclog a drain, you're totally and completely delusional. I now understand why you think the way you do on other issues.

So, you can shelter your kids as much as you want, but they'll eventually have to deal with the harsh reality of the world, not Todd-reality - and your pro-censorship approach will leave them vastly unprepared in problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.

Yes, eventually they will have to deal with the harsh reality of life, but thankfully they'll be well prepared to intelligently refute the lies that folks like you continue to propagate. I'll sleep well knowing I've done my job.

I'm just trying to gain understanding.

Honestly, I dont believe you ever will.

First, I apologize for not articulating my thought process clearly enough. Its not that I don't want you to express your opinion, its just how you approach it.

Personally, I really don't care what you think of my "approach". I'm not here for you anyway.

I take offense to any desecration of the flag, especially since I have 3 siblings fighting in the armed forces under that flag. Flying the flag upside down as a political statement fits in that category. You're flying the flag out in the front of your thoughts, giving anyone that sees it an opportunity to form an opinion of you before you start typing. I'm just saying you'd probably be doing yourself a favor by changing your avatar, along with avoiding the conflict of insulting people.

First, flying the flag upside down is not "desecration". If you question my "political statement" that's your problem. Personally, I dont see it as a political issue. I believe that the current "administration" as well as the Legislative Branch represent a very real and credible threat to life and property as we know it. Once the constitution doesnt meant anything to those sworn to uphold it, we're all in trouble, bubba.

Honestly, if you've got three siblings serving this country (and I appreciate their service) you might want to know that. Otherwise, you make yourself look like an ass.

I know that I'm flying the flag in front of my thoughts. If someone forms an opinion of me before reading what I have typed (like YOU have) that's on them - I have no problem with it.

So, if you frame it in the form of a question, its not calling someone a name. Lets try this - "are you really as big of an asshole in real life as you appear to be here?" Saying it that way is ok, right?

Which is exactly why I apologized, in my last post. Keep up.

Yes, I believe I'm smarter than you. I said that already - more than once. Since you know nothing of my life experience how can you assume I'm not prepared to discuss thermodynamics or electromagnetic field theory? I mean you said a little further down the line that you're qualified to be an electrical engineer, a plumber, and a veterinarian so why would be a stretch that I could intelligently discuss any subject?

Well, my degree SAYS I'm qualified to be an electrical engineer... so I'm good there. The others are common sense... you don't need a degree to raise a child.

So, lemme see if I got this straight...I can filter out the slant on the huffpost and kos, and its still news? I'm gonna have to ask why you can't do the same with Fox?

Absolutely, Fox does report some facts, but MANY times they've gotten them wrong. Literally, completely wrong, which is deceptive and why I fact check Fox. You can fact check Kos and HuffPo to, with other news sources.

I can't argue an edited statement by a congressman? Why not? Seems to me they same plenty of things that I can argue.

I meant you can't argue if they said it or not, if it's captured, you said it. Proof.

If you really believe that raising a child is as simple as understanding how a battery works, or how to unclog a drain, you're totally and completely delusional. I now understand why you think the way you do on other issues.

Once again, people have been doing it for ages, and you don't need a degree to do it. It's hard, but not as hard as getting a PhD, for instance.

Yes, eventually they will have to deal with the harsh reality of life, but thankfully they'll be well prepared to intelligently refute the lies that folks like you continue to propagate. I'll sleep well knowing I've done my job.

Got it. Your way or the highway, for life. Close the mind, blinders on, full speed ahead, disregard all others.

Well, my degree SAYS I'm qualified to be an electrical engineer... so I'm good there. The others are common sense... you don't need a degree to raise a child.

This was supposed to be the part where you told me WHY you felt you were smarter than me, not about raising a kid. So, because you have a degree as an EE you're smarter than me? Get back to me when you've got 10 or 15 years of real-world engineering experience.

Absolutely, Fox does report some facts, but MANY times they've gotten them wrong. Literally, completely wrong, which is deceptive and why I fact check Fox. You can fact check Kos and HuffPo to, with other news sources.

And we know that the other news outlets NEVER get anything wrong, right?

Once again, people have been doing it for ages, and you don't need a degree to do it. It's hard, but not as hard as getting a PhD, for instance.

Sure people have been doing it for ages - I mean, your parents took a crack at it, right? If you really think getting a PhD is more difficult than raising kids, I honestly hope that you never, ever have any. We really dont need any more drains on society.

Got it. Your way or the highway, for life. Close the mind, blinders on, full speed ahead, disregard all others.

No, I listen to reasonable arguments all the time. I just havent heard one from you yet.

This was supposed to be the part where you told me WHY you felt you were smarter than me, not about raising a kid. So, because you have a degree as an EE you're smarter than me? Get back to me when you've got 10 or 15 years of real-world engineering experience.

See, and there's your close-mindedness. I never said I was smarter than you... I just wanted to know what makes you think you're smarter than me. YOU said that. Regarding my EE degree, all I said was that I have a degree in it, not that I was smarter than you (and I only broght that up because you referenced it). Yet, you still sit there and smugly tell me "Get back after you've had 10-15 years of real-world engineering experience" -like you have a clue what I've done in my 6 years of employment as a degreed professional, or anyone else for that matter. :rolleyes: Really?

And we know that the other news outlets NEVER get anything wrong, right?

Hence why I said in the last post - you need to fact-check, confirm with multiple sources. Keep up.

Sure people have been doing it for ages - I mean, your parents took a crack at it, right? If you really think getting a PhD is more difficult than raising kids, I honestly hope that you never, ever have any. We really don't need any more drains on society.

Again, with your assumptions. Get back to me when you've had 15 years experience raising your own children ~as you would say. Then we'll see who raised the REAL drains on society.

No, I listen to reasonable arguments all the time. I just havent heard one from you yet.
Stay the course, do not deviate, blinders on.

See, and there's your close-mindedness. I never said I was smarter than you... I just wanted to know what makes you think you're smarter than me. YOU said that. Regarding my EE degree, all I said was that I have a degree in it, not that I was smarter than you (and I only broght that up because you referenced it). Yet, you still sit there and smugly tell me "Get back after you've had 10-15 years of real-world engineering experience" -like you have a clue what I've done in my 6 years of employment as a degreed professional, or anyone else for that matter. :rolleyes: Really?

On the subject of who's smarter, until you prove otherwise, yes my mind is closed.

You're right, I have NO idea what you've done in your six years of employment as a "degreed professional". I do know that I've hired and fired plenty of guys with your level of "experience" and more. While its a good start, six years in the real world doesn't mean squat.

Again, with your assumptions. Get back to me when you've had 15 years experience raising your own children ~as you would say. Then we'll see who raised the REAL drains on society.

Oddly enough, I've had 14.5 years of experience raising my kids. So far I've got two (mostly) well behaved, polite kids that get good grades and are involved in school sports, and other worthwhile outside activities. I'd say so far, I'm pretty successful in that department.

Stay the course, do not deviate, blinders on.

On raising kids? Yup...I'm going to stay the course.

On the subject of who's smarter, until you prove otherwise, yes my mind is closed.

Prove to me you ARE smarter, otherwise, by your logic - I'm smarter by default.

You're right, I have NO idea what you've done in your six years of employment as a "degreed professional". I do know that I've hired and fired plenty of guys with your level of "experience" and more. While its a good start, six years in the real world doesn't mean squat.

Awesome. Sounds like you really enjoy that powertrip? And, what's with putting degreed professional and experience in quotes - what exactly are you trying to imply?

I suppose you're only as good as your weakest link, and it sounds like you may have some HR issues in your upper management. Of course, this is only a hypothesis as I'm unaware of your revenue for FY2008, but having "hired and fired" plenty of guys with my level of experience, I can only assume your high turnover would indicate internal struggles and hampered success. I take it you're a fan of 'yes men' that'll tow your line, eh? Just a guess.

Also, I would think that my employer may beg to differ with you on my level experience meaning squat.

Oddly enough, I've had 14.5 years of experience raising my kids. So far I've got two (mostly) well behaved, polite kids that get good grades and are involved in school sports, and other worthwhile outside activities. I'd say so far, I'm pretty successful in that department.

Only 14.5yrs - c'mon, in the real world, that doesn't mean squat. So, "well behaved", "good grades", "outside activities" - Whatever you implied by putting my stuff in quotes, I'm implying the same thing.

Edited by JRMMiii

Prove to me you ARE smarter, otherwise, by your logic - I'm smarter by default.

Wow..a circular argument...whats the matter, no funny cartoon to post?

Awesome. Sounds like you really enjoy that powertrip? And, what's with putting degreed professional and experience in quotes - what exactly are you trying to imply?

What I'm implying is obvious. Being a "degreed professional" doesnt automatically make you "qualified" for anything. If by my "powertrip" you mean owning my own company, yeah, I enjoy it. If I didn't, I wouldn't do it.

I suppose you're only as good as your weakest link, and it sounds like you may have some HR issues in your upper management.

Most companies are only as good as their weakest link? You really have no clue about how a company or life in general really works, do you? If your hypothesis were true there would be a lot of cars going down the road with only three wheels on them. Obviously most good companies are able to rise above the level of their weakest link.

We don't have any issues in upper management in my company, because there isn't any upper management.

Of course, this is only a hypothesis as I'm unaware of your revenue for FY2008, but having "hired and fired" plenty of guys with my level of experience, I can only assume your high turnover would indicate internal struggles and hampered success. I take it you're a fan of 'yes men' that'll tow your line, eh? Just a guess.

What does revenue have to do with HR issues? Very little, actually. While profitability could be affected by employee issues revenue (sales) typically doesn't suffer due to employee turn over unless you're turning over sales people faster than you're turning over sales. Wrong hypothesis.

You're assuming that I have a high rate of turn over when actually nothing could be further from the truth. You forget that I've been doing what I do for over 20 years, and by and large I've been successful. Wrong assumption.

Why have I been successful? Simple. I focus on results. I don't really care about how or why something gets done, only that it does. People that work for me know that, and seem to appreciate it. They are empowered to make most of their own decisions and stand by the end result. I'm not sure what you mean by "yes men", but if the question is "is it done?" the answer better be yes. If by "yes men" you mean only hiring people who will stroke my ego and tell me what I want to hear, nothing could be further from the truth. Wrong assumption again.

Also, I would think that my employer may beg to differ with you on my level experience meaning squat.

Obviously, if your employer is happy with your performance its because he feels he's getting a good value for the money he's spending. Apparently you like job so its a win-win situation. I've hired Junior and Senior Year ME and EE interns (from Akron U) several times and by and large its worked out very well. Do they have a lot to learn? Some more than others, but I got a good value for the money spent. Again though, you missed my point. My point was that just because someone has a degree and six years of real world experience doesn't make them supremely qualified to do anything, and there are honestly a lot of people out there that have way more experience than you that aren't worth shit as employees.

Only 14.5yrs - c'mon, in the real world, that doesn't mean squat. So, "well behaved", "good grades", "outside activities" - Whatever you implied by putting my stuff in quotes, I'm implying the same thing.

Awww....panties in a bunch because I put your "stuff" in quotes? No funny cartoon, or anything from Kos or HuffPo to link to? Back to a circular argument again. Weak.

Wow..a circular argument...whats the matter, no funny cartoon to post?

Ask and ye shall receive

repjesus14.gif

What I'm implying is obvious. Being a "degreed professional" doesnt automatically make you "qualified" for anything. If by my "powertrip" you mean owning my own company, yeah, I enjoy it. If I didn't, I wouldn't do it.

Well, Mr. Boss Man, what QUALIFICATIONS are necessary to meet your personal scale of approval? Beyond, not being a free thinker...

Most companies are only as good as their weakest link? You really have no clue about how a company or life in general really works, do you? If your hypothesis were true there would be a lot of cars going down the road with only three wheels on them. Obviously most good companies are able to rise above the level of their weakest link.

Nope, I have NO clue on what's going on in the world :rolleyes:

I just rack up these meaningless degrees from "liberal colleges" (As all higher institutions without 'Saint' or 'Holy' or 'Brigham Young' are left wing propaganda machines) because my judgment has been clouded

my entire life. I'm ALL book learning and theory with no "real world" experience. I understand.

You're better than me at life because you're a 'real world' business owner. I think you have an ego issue resting your laurels on that - like you deserve more respect than the next guy because you OWN a business.

We don't have any issues in upper management in my company, because there isn't any upper management.

Obviously, that went over your head.

What does revenue have to do with HR issues? Very little, actually.

Interesting, maybe not in your little business, but in the 'real world' it means a lot.

While profitability could be affected by employee issues revenue (sales) typically doesn't suffer due to employee turn over unless you're turning over sales people faster than you're turning over sales. Wrong hypothesis.

You don't seem to have any experience beyond direct sales if you think that's the only thing that affects the bottom line. Maybe you need some experience working in a larger organization where you have to coordinate activities across multiple departments (Sales, Supply Base, Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, Logistics - just to name a few major ones) - it seems your 'real world' experience is very narrowly focused, I hope you never end up 'out of your element' because if all you know is your little narrow piece of the pie, your 20yrs is useless.

Why have I been successful? Simple. I focus on results. I don't really care about how or why something gets done, only that it does. People that work for me know that, and seem to appreciate it. They are empowered to make most of their own decisions and stand by the end result. I'm not sure what you mean by "yes men", but if the question is "is it done?" the answer better be yes. If by "yes men" you mean only hiring people who will stroke my ego and tell me what I want to hear, nothing could be further from the truth. Wrong assumption again.

Focus on results and empower your employees. Wow, how prophetic, it took you 20 yrs to figure that out on how to run a "successful" business? I'm WAY ahead of the game then.

Obviously, if your employer is happy with your performance its because he feels he's getting a good value for the money he's spending. Apparently you like job so its a win-win situation. I've hired Junior and Senior Year ME and EE interns (from Akron U) several times and by and large its worked out very well. Do they have a lot to learn? Some more than others, but I got a good value for the money spent. Again though, you missed my point. My point was that just because someone has a degree and six years of real world experience doesn't make them supremely qualified to do anything, and there are honestly a lot of people out there that have way more experience than you that aren't worth shit as employees.

You're switching topics. First it was about me personally - about how you're smarter than ME, and MY experience doesn't mean crap in the 'real world' - But, now it's about people with similar 'experience' than me. I don't think I've ever worked with an Akron U engineer, but all engineers from college aren't created equal. So, is this about me personally, or "similar" people? I don't think you'd have the resources to acquire an engineer of the caliber of some that I've met.

Awww....panties in a bunch because I put your "stuff" in quotes? No funny cartoon, or anything from Kos or HuffPo to link to? Back to a circular argument again. Weak.

No, at this point, this is entertainment for me and a break from the other stuff I've got to do.

Edited by JRMMiii

Ask and ye shall receive

Did you do that one yourself? You're really starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel if you didn't

Well, Mr. Boss Man, what QUALIFICATIONS are necessary to meet your personal scale of approval? Beyond, not being a free thinker...

Qualifications are relative to the particular position open, genius. Obviously my employees are "free thinkers" - I don't tell them how to do their jobs, remember? Try to keep up.

Nope, I have NO clue on what's going on in the world :rolleyes:

I just rack up these meaningless degrees from "liberal colleges" (As all higher institutions without 'Saint' or 'Holy' or 'Brigham Young' are left wing propaganda machines) because my judgment has been clouded

my entire life. I'm ALL book learning and theory with no "real world" experience. I understand.

Oh, you have more than one degree? Good for you. Theory and book learning will only get you so far (a degree). What you do with it after that is up to you.

You're better than me at life because you're a 'real world' business owner. I think you have an ego issue resting your laurels on that - like you deserve more respect than the next guy because you OWN a business.

I'm better at you in life for a multitude of reasons, one of which is the fact that I own a business. Don't worry though, the world needs ditch diggers too. Ego? You betcha. You don't get anywhere without at least a small measure of ego.

Interesting, maybe not in your little business, but in the 'real world' it means a lot.

Ok, Mr. Multiple Degrees - explain to me how HR "issues" affect revenue (sales)

You don't seem to have any experience beyond direct sales if you think that's the only thing that affects the bottom line. Maybe you need some experience working in a larger organization where you have to coordinate activities across multiple departments (Sales, Supply Base, Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, Logistics - just to name a few major ones) - it seems your 'real world' experience is very narrowly focused, I hope you never end up 'out of your element' because if all you know is your little narrow piece of the pie, your 20yrs is useless.

I have plenty of experience beyond sales, and I know that everything affects the bottom line. However, the "bottom line" isn't revenue. It can be called net revenue (or profit - I know that's a dirty word for folks like you).

For your information, I have worked in larger multinational corporations and I've coordinated efforts across multiple departments, and had P&L responsibility all along the way. Keep in mind that its a dangerous thing to make assumptions about someone you know nothing about.

Focus on results and empower your employees. Wow, how prophetic, it took you 20 yrs to figure that out on how to run a "successful" business? I'm WAY ahead of the game then.

If you think that's all I've figured out in my 20 years in the game, you're way behind, son.

Tell me, what have you accomplished in your young life (beyond your "multiple degrees) and I'll give your statements some credence. Own or operate a business in your adult life? Have you had P&L responsibility for a $25,000,000.00 per year company? Get back to me when you have - I'll be interested to know how it works out for you.

You're switching topics. First it was about me personally - about how you're smarter than ME, and MY experience doesn't mean crap in the 'real world' - But, now it's about people with similar 'experience' than me. I don't think I've ever worked with an Akron U engineer, but all engineers from college aren't created equal. So, is this about me personally, or "similar" people? I don't think you'd have the resources to acquire an engineer of the caliber of some that I've met.

Nah....this is the part about "degreed professionals" and how I've hired and fired several. The part about me being smarter than you is back several paragraphs.

No, at this point, this is entertainment for me and a break from the other stuff I've got to do.

Glad you're entertained. I'm sure you'll be real entertained when the guy that owns your company has to lay you off because he's having a hard time being profitable paying for all the programs you endorse. Hey, maybe you could unionize the engineers where you work? Need the number for the SEIU?

Did you do that one yourself? You're really starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel if you didn't

:rolleyes: It's obvious we don't share the same sense of humor. That cartoon is as funny as your avatar.

Oh, you have more than one degree? Good for you. Theory and book learning will only get you so far (a degree). What you do with it after that is up to you.

Yes, I do have more than one degree, but that wasn't the point.

I'm better at you in life for a multitude of reasons, one of which is the fact that I own a business. Don't worry though, the world needs ditch diggers too. Ego? You betcha. You don't get anywhere without at least a small measure of ego.

Please list these reasons.

Ok, Mr. Multiple Degrees - explain to me how HR "issues" affect revenue (sales)

You can't figure it out? Your experience and real worldly-ness can't answer that question?

For your information, I have worked in larger multinational corporations and I've coordinated efforts across multiple departments, and had P&L responsibility all along the way. Keep in mind that its a dangerous thing to make assumptions about someone you know nothing about.

Not impressed, I did that fresh out of college.

If you think that's all I've figured out in my 20 years in the game, you're way behind, son.

Tell me, what have you accomplished in your young life (beyond your "multiple degrees) and I'll give your statements some credence. Own or operate a business in your adult life? Have you had P&L responsibility for a $25,000,000.00 per year company? Get back to me when you have - I'll be interested to know how it works out for you.

We don't need to go over my accolades, but once again, I'm not impressed. I had product responsibility fresh out of college for a $30M product line in a $900M company. Now, I have responsibility for $100M+ product... So, again, I don't think you have anything on me there. Considering I deal with a product > your whole business.

What'd you say earlier? Oh yea, "Keep in mind that its a dangerous thing to make assumptions about someone you know nothing about."

Glad you're entertained. I'm sure you'll be real entertained when the guy that owns your company has to lay you off because he's having a hard time being profitable paying for all the programs you endorse. Hey, maybe you could unionize the engineers where you work? Need the number for the SEIU?

I don't get it... can you put it in cartoon-form?

Edited by JRMMiii

• 1 year later...
just because everyone is doing it doesnt make it the right thing to do. :cool:
I agree.

My point was that it's quite hypocritical to chastise and single out certain companies for doing it when others did the same thing "behind closed doors". That holier-than-thou, do-as-I-say-and-not-as-I-do crap doesn't fly.

I agree.

My point was that it's quite hypocritical to chastise and single out certain companies for doing it when others did the same thing "behind closed doors". That holier-than-thou, do-as-I-say-and-not-as-I-do crap doesn't fly.

:werd: