Trailer Plate?

Todd#43

He has an expired Cali trailer plate hanging above his toolbox at work....

Oh yeah, i forgot about that. Want it?

tell them u rented the trailer in ky. They dont have to have plates there.

Really? You'd prob have to show proof of renting it tho.

Edit: I won't be around at all today.

Edited by chevysoldier

He has an expired Cali trailer plate hanging above his toolbox at work....

I've got a couple of expired OH ones too...guessing the CA plate wouldn't be much better....lol.

Type up something that says fred and bubas trailer rental,get it all greasy with fingerprints and store it in a kfc box! But really u dont need trailer plates in Ky lol

+1 for creativity, and +1,000,000 solely because it came from a Junkie. Usually you guys aren't that creative.

Have the guy type up a bill of sale showing that you just bought it and have him sign it, you sign it, and a witness. That will show that you just bought it and haven't been able to get plates.

I called the NY State Police, and they said that wasn't good enough, although he did say you could "probably" talk yourself out of a ticket with it. Ohio said the same thing. Both, however, suggested that I use the dudes plate that owns the trailer, or find another plate to put on it for the trip :rolleyes:

Anyway, I scored a plate. All is good. Thanks for the help.

I'd be careful todd, with all your "conservative" posts in the interwebz, big brotha is watching you and this is just the chance they need to throw you ass in the slamma!

Yeah...I'm you're aware this isnt the only place I've been running my mouth ;)

I've gone without a tag on ALL my trailers for a few years now. Never been pulled over for it.

Ummm, dude?

You live in Waynesfield?

Hello????

:D

Last plate for my trailer cost $19.50 Not really worth the risk of getting pulled over and ticketed......

Ummmm...it has nothing to do with the cost of the plate.

The trailer is in BUFFALO. I haven't bought it yet.

To get a plate for a trailer in OH you have to have a bill of sale and a weight slip. Since I dont HAVE the trailer, or the BOS, or a weight slip, I can't get a plate. See?

BTW, its a 5,500 LB trailer (empty) 14,500 LB GVW. The plates are gonna be a little more than $20.00 ;)

Make sure to get the prior owner's registration for the trailer when you buy it. This way you don't have to get the trailer officially weighed when you get back. You can just take his old registration in and that will provide all the info you need to get tags.

To get a plate for a trailer in OH you have to have a bill of sale and a weight slip. Since I dont HAVE the trailer, or the BOS, or a weight slip, I can't get a plate. See?

BTW, its a 5,500 LB trailer (empty) 14,500 LB GVW. The plates are gonna be a little more than $20.00 ;)

damn wtf are you planning on hauling?? :eek:

damn wtf are you planning on hauling?? :eek:

Its for my business. I buy and sell used machinery for a very specialized industry. I can save a shit load of money if I go and get the stuff I buy that's close to me.

I'm picking up a load in Elkhart IN next week, and what I save in freight costs pays for the trailer. Its a pain in the ass, but $$ talks

picture.php?albumid=191&pictureid=7647

I gotcha now, somehow I didnt get all that before....... sorry.....