So that's what picking up 519lbs off the garage floor feels like.. OHHH..

DGTL GRL

I just found out what it was like to be by myself and picking up my bike. Luckily it was only on my garage floor and that I was able to guide it down to the ground when I realized I couldn't push it right back up.

My front tire is low so I was trying to move my bike over closer to my car so that I could use the air compressor that I have that plugs into your cigarette lighter thing-a-ma-bob.

I was walking my bike backwards after I realized I'd rolled forward a bit too much and had the kickstand up when I lost my footing (wearing shoes I just mowed the yard in and not my boots) when the bike went down towards my left (right if you were looking at me doing this stupid act). :o

Noone is currently at home except my dog and even if she had opposable thumbs I doubt she could of helped.

It took two good pushes but I was able to get my Aero 750 back upright on its kickstand. Couple of minor scuffs just on the left mirror but the foot peg and those hideous front turn signals acted as crash bars for me and saved my tank. Good thing that tank isn't any bigger or it would of probably seen some damage.

This story didn't take place on the road.. but it is a life experience. I think I may wait till the hubby comes home to air up the front tire.

Not looking to do another rep of 519lbs any time soon.:rolleyes:

Edited by DGTL GRL

Thanks all! No damage really. I think the previous owner may have done a similar act being that the front turn signals kind of never looked right to begin with. I can blame the small scuffs on the chrome Mickey-Mouse mirrors on the previous owner if I wanted to.

The bike was only new-to-me in June of 2009.. just recently. It is a 2005.

Glad you got it back up in one piece.... hopefully you didn't hurt yourself.

I guess I will see tomorrow if I'm in extreme pain.

Once I smelled the gas and the embarassment and oddly a little bit of panic occurred I decided this bike was going back on its kickstand and I was going to be the one doing it.

Thanks all! No damage really. I think the previous owner may have done a similar act being that the front turn signals kind of never looked right to begin with. I can blame the small scuffs on the chrome Mickey-Mouse mirrors on the previous owner if I wanted to.

The bike was only new-to-me in June of 2009.. just recently. It is a 2005.

I know someone else that had to pick up their bike recently... but I'll let them chime in :)

rember incase there is a next time ..

:plus1: on the video, always nice reminder

If you have a lotta damage to the ugly front turn signals (which im loosing this winter) im gonna do like meanie w/ the LED's....

I guess I will see tomorrow if I'm in extreme pain.

Once I smelled the gas and the embarassment and oddly a little bit of panic occurred I decided this bike was going back on its kickstand and I was going to be the one doing it.

You go girl! Assuming you gave it your "Grrrrrrr" face when you lifted her up! I know the feeling, when I dropped mine a few weeks ago I didn't even think about it, just bent down and picked it up like it was nothing. I was a bit sore the next day as I expect you will be too. Take a couple ibuprofin or other antinflamatory cause you most definetly strained some muscles.

Good job though getting her back upright! Shit happens :p

argh, I used to be able to reach across the bike to the down side handle bar, and just jerk it upright. Even on a Harley full size monster. I really doubt I can still do that. Be very careful to use your legs and not your back when you try to lift things.

And yes, we're proud of you.

Thanks Tom!!!

Follow-up- Got the hubby to air up my tires for me. Apparently my front tire was VERY low.

I then took the bike into town tonight to run some errands. Sure did look strange seeing a Biker Chick stuffing 8 baby dolls into my saddlebag (Halloween costume = Octomom). It felt good to get back in the saddle.

The bike felt light and kind of flimsy on the way into town and something felt strange.

I figured out what that was when I looked into my gas tank and saw that while I had a full tank before I was MUCH lighter after the gas leaking out/fall. I had to filler up again.

All is well.

Thanks gang!!! *big hugs to all*

Thanks Tom!!!

Follow-up- Got the hubby to air up my tires for me. Apparently my front tire was VERY low.

I then took the bike into town tonight to run some errands. Sure did look strange seeing a Biker Chick stuffing 8 baby dolls into my saddlebag (Halloween costume = Octomom). It felt good to get back in the saddle.

The bike felt light and kind of flimsy on the way into town and something felt strange.

I figured out what that was when I looked into my gas tank and saw that while I had a full tank before I was MUCH lighter after the gas leaking out/fall. I had to filler up again.

All is well.

Thanks gang!!! *big hugs to all*

Def a "OH SHIT" moment, glad everything is OK..

yea I know someone who had to pick thiers up off the iron pony parking lot not to long ago as well who shall remain nameless but has posted in this thread :)

and Ive forgot to put the kickstand down once or twice myself , doh

Fuck you!

lol, caught her before anything more than the bottom of my pipes hit. Gotta give me credit, lifted a 600 lb bike from 45 degrees back to straight up :) Adrenaline is fun

I just found out what it was like to be by myself and picking up my bike. Luckily it was only on my garage floor and that I was able to guide it down to the ground when I realized I couldn't push it right back up.

My front tire is low so I was trying to move my bike over closer to my car so that I could use the air compressor that I have that plugs into your cigarette lighter thing-a-ma-bob.

I was walking my bike backwards after I realized I'd rolled forward a bit too much and had the kickstand up when I lost my footing (wearing shoes I just mowed the yard in and not my boots) when the bike went down towards my left (right if you were looking at me doing this stupid act). :o

Noone is currently at home except my dog and even if she had opposable thumbs I doubt she could of helped.

It took two good pushes but I was able to get my Aero 750 back upright on its kickstand. Couple of minor scuffs just on the left mirror but the foot peg and those hideous front turn signals acted as crash bars for me and saved my tank. Good thing that tank isn't any bigger or it would of probably seen some damage.

This story didn't take place on the road.. but it is a life experience. I think I may wait till the hubby comes home to air up the front tire.

Not looking to do another rep of 519lbs any time soon.:rolleyes:

that bike was pretty big for me when i sat on it. you are a tough chick.... proved you could do it on your own thou. sorry you dropped it. when i dropped the vtr1000, i was shaking -- there was no way i could pick it up, at least immediately. mainly bc i had been riding for so long and fatigued, and, bc its not "my bike." i thought i was about to get ripped in a new and umcomfortable way....

thank goodness no tank damage.:)

Kimberly,

Yeah, I can only imagine if I'd done this to Jim's VTX 1300. I am sure you were scared to death! I'm sure I would be too!

So thankful there is no tank damage!!! The only thing I can see is a little scuffing on the chrome of my left mirror. Even though the left turn signal in combo with the mirror and the left foot peg beared the brut.. at least the turn signals didn't get damaged.

Whew!!! Lucky!!!

I should of played the lottery.