So that's what picking up 519lbs off the garage floor feels like.. OHHH..

DGTL GRL

Once I smelled the gas and the embarassment and oddly a little bit of panic occurred I decided this bike was going back on its kickstand and I was going to be the one doing it.

Good for you. :metal: Those garage floors can be slick.

Dont forget, if you got gas on the paint, to wash it immediately and wax affected spots as soon as possible.

I haven't done the kickstand error for decades, lucky me.

But I did try to put it down without looking first, and saw too late that I was putting the kickstand down in a pothole in the parking lot.

Yeah, it leaned WAY over, but I slammed it with my leg and stopped it.

Lifting it from that position was a bit awkward...

My first ride I front braked and rushed a turn, broke the rear end free on some gravel and laid her down at 10 mph or so. Picked her up in the middle of an intersection before the volunteer firefighter got out of his car...

The key is to just grab it and yank it upward as hard as possible, straighten your legs and left with your back... it's your strongest muscle you know.... (in hindsight that probably hurt more than the actual spill)

My drop was with nobody around, in front of the shop as I was closing up. I had just started the bike, pulled it out in front of the door with the laptop loaded up, got off the bike to finish locking up, started to walk away and BAM, I hear this awful crunch. I didn't have the fairings on it at the time, so the damage was minimal, just a turn signal that I super-glued temporarily. I was in a hurry, as it was raining, and didn't make sure I got the kickstand down completely.

Good job on getting it up by yourself!

Welcome to the club.

I layed down my Z in a parking lot. I think the fact that 8 people watched me fall gave me the strength to pick it up like it was a 10 speed. ;)

lol, thats what happend to me whe I dropped my Vrod, I was whipping into a parking lot with tons of people standing around, did a tight uturn to get into a spot, I felt it drop and to this day I swear that thing was 2 inches from the ground, but it never hit. I never found any damage.

The key is to just grab it and yank it upward as hard as possible, straighten your legs and left with your back... it's your strongest muscle you know.... (in hindsight that probably hurt more than the actual spill)

Are you being funny? Cause thats exactly opposite of the right way.

Lift with you back??? Lift with your legs!

Of course in an adrenaline moment you forget all that shit and just lift it up wrong, I know I did.

if you lift it this way, be careful that you dont let it fall over on the other side, and then you fall backwards over the top of it.

rember incase there is a next time ..

Are you being funny? Cause thats exactly opposite of the right way.

Lift with you back??? Lift with your legs!

Of course in an adrenaline moment you forget all that shit and just lift it up wrong' date=' I know I did.[/quote']

You should know better, I'm never funny :)

But yes, I am kidding, still 600 lbs isn't that bad to lift, you're not actually lifting all that weight, (not diminishing DGTL GRLs achievement, it's still not easy) you're just getting enough to get friction/weight on the wheels and then pivoting.

Caution advised lifting or lowering bikes. I've hurt my back muscles nicely a couple of times. Not lifting motorcycles, but trying to lower them out of the back of a van. I always forget it's just as hard to do as loading them, and accidentally use the back instead of the legs. Do not use the back muscles.