The 'Priller has taken it's last breath...

RSVDon

Oh yeah.. why do you think all the Aprilia guys install the Duc part? Building a better bike isn't the intent' date=' just the byproduct. (zing!!)

<$300 for everything aint' bad at all. Looks like a nice winter project to me. Maybe some performance cams, a lighter flywheel, a couple high comp pistons, some crank balancing.. oh yeah. I'm lovin' it!! :lol:[/quote']

Getting power out of an Aprilia is like arguing over the Internet. Just not worth it. :lol:

The only "mod" I would consider is if the engine blew. I'd replace the current motor with the 03 R motor which has bigger valves, better flowing heads, and a close ratio trans.

There is a lot of information about this on the Aprilia forums and there is a BMW sprag that costs a lot less and from what I remember is a higher quality part. I am pretty sure someone over there even made a step-by-step guide on how to replace it.

You really have to watch the batteries on these bikes because once it starts going bad it will take your sprag with it.

Can you get it running before Saturday so you can join us on the parks ride?

It's 5 hours to Columbus from Flint, MI. Yeah, uh, not happening even if the bike was running.

Gemma kicked your bike's ass all the way from Ravenna. I told her what you said and she didn't seem pleased. Don't you forget that shit' date=' either. :lol:[/quote']

Yeah, the irony of that is just ridiculous. Bit me in the ass bigtime! :lol:

There is a lot of information about this on the Aprilia forums and there is a BMW sprag that costs a lot less and from what I remember is a higher quality part. I am pretty sure someone over there even made a step-by-step guide on how to replace it.

You really have to watch the batteries on these bikes because once it starts going bad it will take your sprag with it.

Yeah, I saved that thread before I even bought the bike. I'm usually a regular on ApriliaForum as well.

So, newest news! I'm a paranoid freaking idiot!

We towed the bike home and I stuck it in the garage and put it on the trickle charger in hopes that maybe it wasn't the sprag. Well, went out today and she fired right up! w00t!!!!

So, now I'm gonna go get the high amp starter relay, do the brown connector mod, add the extra ground wire, and keep her on the battery tender every time I'm not riding so that I can avoid these little situations again.

Thanks, IP, for the help with finding the sprag. It's good to know that it won't be too ridiculous to replace. I'll be doing it anyways this winter when I tear the bike down to the frame.

Excellent! I had a similar issue with my bike. The instrument panel didn't even register, even though I tested the battery at 11.8 volts. Only when I put resistance on it, it dropped to .06 volts. No sign of life. Very finnicky bikes. But chicks dig them more than the other ja.........:o

Excellent! I had a similar issue with my bike. The instrument panel didn't even register, even though I tested the battery at 11.8 volts. Only when I put resistance on it, it dropped to .06 volts. No sign of life. Very finnicky bikes. But chicks dig them more than the other ja.........:o

Yeah, so I've learned my lesson about keeping her on a charger. And yes, chicks dig them more than those other Ja......yeah, you get the point.

If I don't keep Gemma on a trickle charger she gets all uppity and bitchy. Sometimes I think this Italian bird ain't worth the effort. Then I ride her and forget what I was trying to think about. Plus' date=' I could give two shits about what some broad thinks about my old gal.

I'd buy a battery if I were you, Don.

[url']https://www.batterygiant.com/Motorcycle-Batteries/make_model_list.asp?man=Aprilia

Takin' care of my bitchy Italian supermodel now Paul. Thanks. :D

I currently got a hot one, how about you? :D

Does she know you are saying this? Will this thread be censored? Will you claim to then have intimate relations with your right hand?:p

Holy WTF? Did you miss a shift? Aluminium rear sprocket? What gives?

Aluminum rear sprocket from AFAM. No missed shifts. I do engine brake a lot but that's why it's got a slipper. The front sprocket looks fine, half the teeth on the rear are almost gone. Took it out, felt the chain slip on a 3/4 throttle pull and limped her back home. I hadn't checked the chain in about 900 miles but that's usually about right. I was 300 miles over the Aprilia recommended chain service of 600 miles. Whatev. I'm done for the season.

Whole bike is getting torn down to the frame this winter in my garage and I'm going through everything outside of the motor to bring it back to spec. It's getting a new set of Dunlop Q2s with a 190/55 rear, RK GB525GXW gold chain, Supersprox Tri-metal 44T rear, and new steel 16T front. And hopefully, if I have the $$$$ an airbox kit, fuel pressure mod, and Gabro chip.

Strange.. I have an AFAM alloy rear sprocket with a bunch of miles on it. No problems thus far. (minus the machine screws backing out of the quick change carrier.. that was fun)

Maybe she makes a bit too much torque' date=' there Don. :lol:[/quote']

I never said Maria wasn't a torquey bitch. :D