The 'Priller has taken it's last breath...

RSVDon

Good luck! What did it do? Symptoms, what are they?:o

I knew it was going, just didn't know when. First it did the typical kickback sound when the engine was cut, only every now and then. Then, then kickback became a regular thing. Next, it would occasionally not turn over. The starter would engage, sound like it was bound and you'd have to release the start button because the starter wouldn't spin. And finally, the starter just did that constantly. It made it 8535 miles this summer since I bought it before failure.

IP, if you see this, how are your prices on Ducati parts? :o

Is Benelli any good? Are they Italian?

Benelli's quality has gone down drasticallly since they were bought out. Lmy Aprilia is fixable, it's just gonna cost some $$$. Either way, next time I buy a bike, it's going to be one of these three.

Aprilia RSV1000R

Ducati 1098

Aprilia RSV4

There's nothing more sacrilegious than push starting an Italian bike. That's almost as bad as a Desmosedici owner that only bought it to look at it.

So it'd be better to let her sleep forever? Just roll her down the driveway and hop on! :)

There's nothing more sacrilegious than push starting an Italian bike. That's almost as bad as a Desmosedici owner that only bought it to look at it.

If you think you can push start a high compression twin then I will pay to see that. ;)

I don't get it? Prolly better than my Ape prices..why? I found a couple starters for your bike on ebay' date=' but they're all in the UK. (and they aren't cheap) May be worth getting on the Ape forums and beg for a used one. Install shouldn't be too difficult. I have to crack the cases on a Duc since their starters mount from inside the engine. (damn spaghetti heads..:nono:)[/quote']

I need a Ducati sprag clutch. I'll get the part number and PM you about it. The spray is interchangable with the Aprilia sprag.

I know the part number. I'll look into it tomorrow. It's gonna' be a slow boat from Italy' date=' though. Good thing it's the end of the season... kind of. (sad face)[/quote']

Just need a quote right now. Aprilia is going to rake me over the coals on the special tools to do the fix. Doh!

I got a quote for you.. how's $85' date=' shipped sound? I've used this guy before and he's fair and reasonable.

[url']http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Starter-Sprag-Ducati-749-999-Monster-ST-Supersport_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em14Q2el1262QQhashZitem2c5120b5d1QQitemZ190339659217QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

What special tools? I only see a need for a specific flywheel puller...

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155882

I'm actually reading through that thread right now, lol. So the sprag there is the same PN as the Ducati PN referenced on Apriliaforum?