2010 vfr

John

Which means in cancelling the ST1300 they've landed the new VFR somewhere between the two to fill the gap.

there is actually going to be a full out touring model of the VFR launched in the next year. comes wiht a taller wider windscreen, factory hard bags already on it and some other garbage.

i was hoping this bike to be more than what it is.

i like the bike, i think its a great idea, but its getting away form the sport side of the VFR.

ill keep my Viffer, and maybe just pick up a 5th gen VFR, or a CBR of some sort

there is actually going to be a full out touring model of the VFR launched in the next year. comes wiht a taller wider windscreen, factory hard bags already on it and some other garbage.

Exactly, it's just this one with Farkles. Still the same heavy machine either one. VFR=Vee-Four Racing, it doesn't really stand for anything anymore.

Here's part of the issue too, the VFR even up to the 6th gen that could commute, tour, tear up a B road, and even do a track day without getting embarrassed. Unfortunately no one wanted a do it all bike, the market is only being kind to bikes that are all this or all that. Then again it could just be the continuing trend of Honda thinking it knows better than the customer, designing technology for questions no one asked and building bikes that no one asked for. RIP VFR.

Edited by V4junkie

• 1 month later...
Then again it could just be the continuing trend of Honda thinking it knows better than the customer, designing technology for questions no one asked and building bikes that no one asked for. RIP VFR.

yea really, the Magna guys for the pass 20yrs., are the one's who have been asking for 1200cc V4 shaft drive.

:beathorse:

• 2 weeks later...
My old CBR1100XX had a longer range than this new thing. I love that new transmission and can't wait until they put it in a sport bike, I'll be all over it. I think it's the best new technology to go mainstream on street bikes in a long, long time.

Huge write-up on this bike says engine smaller and lighter than 800cc version, and the transmission has two gears always engaged - selection and blend are all done with the two clutches. If you're going to have an automatic it should be a smart one.

I think there's too much 'new' stuff going on with this bike for it to be an easy call without actually riding it first. Sure, on paper it's heavy, ugly (to some), and has crappy fuel range...but honestly, without actually trying anything like the fancy gearbox that magazines have been speaking very highly of or the clever uber-compact engine design, it's impossible to make a call. Sure, we can approximate what an updated slipper clutch and 600cc I-4 will feel like each time a new supersport is released, but this isn't just another updated bike.

That being said, do I have any desire to purchase one...ever? No, not my style. But I would love to take one for a spin and see what all these fancy gadgets and innovations can do :D

i like its still a single sided but the exhaust is ugly the headlight is ugly the fairing are ugly the wheels look cool. kinda hard to fuck up some wheels though.

I actually like the headlight, but agree that ghey can needs to go. I'm figurin' that & the shaft are where the extra weight are comin' from

Hope they have it in the cards to give it the traditional Viffer red, white & blue paintjob!

172 horsepower, ABS, Dual Clutch F1 style shifting (optional) single sided swing arm with shaft drive and it's variable valve timing is capable of 70mpg.

Mechanically it sounds like a dream, aesthetically not so much. Only comes in one color and the headlight bothers me too. If they had put a futuristic front on it like the late model VFR800 Interceptor they would have hit a home run.

Nice bike, but at over 16K+ I'll take the new BMW s1000rr over that bike any day.

BMW_S1000RR_silver_right_profile.jpg