Chase Bank, text messages

mrbret

If you get a text message claiming to be from Chase bank asking you to do something like call a number & enter you card#, reply with any info etc just delete it it as it IS a fake/non-Chase message.

We (Chase fraud department) have seen a lot of these coming up in the last few weeks. almost all that we have been made aware of as being sent to Sprint or Nextel phones.

As far as we know these are somewhat random & the person/people sending the messages do NOT have any of your personal info so I.D. theft etc should not be an issue.

If you get a text message claiming to be from Chase bank asking you to do something like call a number & enter you card#, reply with any info etc just delete it it as it IS a fake/non-Chase message.

We (Chase fraud department) have seen a lot of these coming up in the last few weeks. almost all that we have been made aware of as being sent to Sprint or Nextel phones.

As far as we know these are somewhat random & the person/people sending the messages do NOT have any of your personal info so I.D. theft etc should not be an issue.

I'm guessing that Chase's text system is still ok though, even though I don't use it much anymore....

I'm guessing that Chase's text system is still ok though,

Correct, this is not a result of any hacking or anything. It is unrelated to the legit texts from Chase, we will ot ask for any account into via text.

Correct, this is not a result of any hacking or anything. It is unrelated to the legit texts from Chase, we will ot ask for any account into via text.

Thanks for the tip, and the verification!

Just an FYI, and bit of advice to others:

Anytime you get a questionable email or text from your bank, paypal, or really anything, instead of replying, login to your account the way you normally would, if there's an issue they will almost always have it there, in their secure website.

I also can't believe so many people fall for this. Not that I think they're necessarily dumb, but more like ignorant to the situation!