GT-R vs. Busa' daaaaaannnngggg!!

RSVDon

Get some of the Texas Mile or Maxton racers out there that know how to launch and ride fast.

I have no idea what a GT-R is, but damn it's fast and I have a feeling that one is NOT stock at all.

I love this quote

soundandfission (1 day ago) I get tired of these videos. There is no way that car is capable of a mid 9 second quarter-mile @ 150mph, and if it is, post the timeslip.

^^agree

Those Skylines are pretty nasty cars. They are really the only import car I like. They are supposed to be around 800 horse and awd as RSVDon said above. They are supposed to be produced in the US next year as well.

If/when produced in the US, they will definitely not have the same specs as the actual Skylines. Those are such sexy cars though.

Those Skylines are pretty nasty cars. They are really the only import car I like. They are supposed to be around 800 horse and awd as RSVDon said above. They are supposed to be produced in the US next year as well.
If/when produced in the US, they will definitely not have the same specs as the actual Skylines. Those are such sexy cars though.

Whoa whoa whoa, you both need to catch up with the times. The Nissan GT-R has been out for a year now in the US. MSRP of like $85k. 480 HP/520 lb-ft of torque. That's the same spec across the world.

This one in the video is HIGHLY modified to be putting 800 HP through that trans. ;)

Only a few cars in production with 800 HP on tap from the factory. Names that come to mind are Koenigsegg, SSC, Ferrari, and Bugatti.

They've been here for a year... Produced in the US? not going to happen. They are a built in Japan only car... Shipped here, of course...

Also to note while the Skyline may have been modded, that rider on the Busa was a poor representation of a drag racer... He sucked at launch...

I'd say if the car was running 301 KPH (About 185 mph...) and that Busa was that far behind, I am feeling the Busa guy sucks as a drag guy... Maybe Nick can chime in and tell us since he knows the type of rider well, but I think he looked sketchy...

Those Skylines are wonderful and cool cars. They have some pretty neato options and are such unique cars to work on that most Nissan dealers declined to sell them. Special lifts, tools, etc were needed just for that car. Hell, the warranty is voided if you change out the wheels!

This one in the video is HIGHLY modified to be putting 800 HP through that trans. ;)

I'm willing to bet thats an aftermarket tranny or at least and extremely beefed up stock one because those GT-R trans are freaking glass

Also to note while the Skyline may have been modded, that rider on the Busa was a poor representation of a drag racer... He sucked at launch...

If he's not pulling the wheel up at all on the launch... he's not doing it right. From the sounds of it he was pussyfooting the launch by slipping the clutch WAY too much, and if the bike doesn't get out ahead on the launch, it's going to have a tough time run running down a turbo car because they shine on the top end while the 'busa would just run out of steam.

Cool car, but I don't want to see the bill for the AM work done to it.

If he's not pulling the wheel up at all on the launch... he's not doing it right. From the sounds of it he was pussyfooting the launch by slipping the clutch WAY too much, and if the bike doesn't get out ahead on the launch, it's going to have a tough time run running down a turbo car because they shine on the top end while the 'busa would just run out of steam.

Cool car, but I don't want to see the bill for the AM work done to it.

VERY well said! Spot on actually.

I think the RAIN favors the car quite a bit as well. AWD car versus a single motorcycle tire, in the rain... I'd pussy-foot the launch too!

It's impressive that the car offers any competition in a straight line whatsoever, and the car is probably awesome on a race track, but even if I wanted to pay $85k for the GT-R, i'd go broke keeping decent tires on it. I'm betting a decent set of tires for that car costs 4 times as much as a PAIR of DOT race tires for a bike.

bikes will always struggle to keep up with top-dollar supercars, but they'll win the performance-for-the-dollar contest every single time. that's why I got into bikes...

Couple of things.. first from a dead stop, the car will def get the jump due to better traction. Second, didnt anyone notice that the roads were wet. (Dumbasses for racing), Third, hi hp cars will start to pull bikes around the 160 mark in many cases.

everyone knows that the GT-R has been out and selling in the US since early summer right? I sat in one at the nissan dealership on 35 in Beavercreek. I hope that everyone also knows that this is the meanest thing to hit us streets in a long time. 193mph top speed stock for msrp of 79000. just look at the specs, it kills the porshe gt3 in everything, and for some reason porsche keeps challenging the GT-R on different tracks thinking that it'll change something. and yes we finnally got the same GT-R that the japs did. no more ka24de in place of a sr20det. so yea the video looks about right. i love bikes but the GT-R is just sex on wheels.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_GT-R

I hope that everyone also knows that this is the meanest thing to hit us streets in a long time. 193mph top speed stock for msrp of 79000.

O rly?

What about 505 HP, 3200 lbs, 199 mph top speed, and 7.0L for $72,000 new. ;) Yes, you know what I'm talking about, I don't even need to post a picture.

Or this. The ZR1 at 638 hp for $120k from the factory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mim5HjpQhjU

:D

We all have our opinions, but I wouldn't say that the GT-R is the meanest thing to hit the streets in a long time. Also, sorry for Nissan, the GT-R is slower this year by .3 sec to 60 mph. Launch mode is no longer accessible the way it once was, which I think also puts it into the 12s now. The GT-R is a nice car for what it is, a handbuilt, electrical nanny of a car that uses microchips over brains to be fast. But I'd still take a less electronic car any day.