GT-R vs. Busa' daaaaaannnngggg!!

RSVDon

Keyboard warrior here, haven't driven either one. The Z06 being similar in price to the GTR, I'm pretty sure the GTR will beat it around any track with curves. That's not to say the Z06 doesn't handle, but the gizmos on the GTR make it redonkulous. Jeremy Clarkson literally threw his neck out trying to drive one around a track. Neat car, but doesn't really stir the soul.

My .009 cents

Keyboard warrior here, haven't driven either one. The Z06 being similar in price to the GTR, I'm pretty sure the GTR will beat it around any track with curves. That's not to say the Z06 doesn't handle, but the gizmos on the GTR make it redonkulous. Jeremy Clarkson literally threw his neck out trying to drive one around a track. Neat car, but doesn't really stir the soul.

My .009 cents

I think I read somewhere earlier this year it beats the 'vette, Viper and Porche equivalents also in the 0-60 and quarter mile stock.

I wont take anything away from the car, it's fast. But they are only doing 300ish? The Gen 1 can do that and more. That's a Gen 2 with even more power. There is no reason other than rider error keeping that bike from being out in front at those speeds.

I wont take anything away from the car, it's fast. But they are only doing 300ish? The Gen 1 can do that and more. That's a Gen 2 with even more power. There is no reason other than rider error keeping that bike from being out in front at those speeds.

GT-R was stopping at 320. That's 198.xxx mph.

Yes. But cars aren't as bad as bikes. My GTO is GPS verified at 3 mph faster indicated at 155 mph. So it shows 158 on the clocks.

Not saying your GPS is wrong but dont always rely on it. They arent as accurate as everyone believes.

Well what can a gen 2 go to?

That I cannot answer with any kind of actual data. It all depends on what mods it has. From the showroom floor it will do 300. Override the limiter and put a pipe on it and I'm sure it will do well over 300.

Understandable, but satellite triangulation is still better than a sensor reading wheel speed.

Absolutely!

Well what can a gen 2 go to?

Obviously that GT-R was modded and the Busa stock.

Lets even the score. Non stock Busa going 260mph? That there shows you the bike can deliver way more KABOOM than any GT-R

260mph help answer your question Don. :p;) Standing start in only 1 mile!!!:eek::trophy:100% STREET LEGAL. I wouldn't fuck with a BUSA when you're top end racing. They hold too many records above 200mph.

Gen 1 Busa 2005.

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/suzuki/one-fast-busa-16429.html

I think theyre fucking idiots for going that fast on a public highway with traffic. Take it to a closed course, drag strip, or autobahn.

On a side note...GT-Rs have some serious acceleration and handling stock. Its definitely a fun ride if you ever get the chance. Im just glad to see imports putting out a quality sports car instead of another SUV. There just hasnt been a really nice sports car since the MK-IVs.

Obviously that GT-R was modded and the Busa stock.

Lets even the score. Non stock Busa going 260mph? That there shows you the bike can deliver way more KABOOM than any GT-R

260mph help answer your question Don. :p;) Standing start in only 1 mile!!!:eek::trophy:100% STREET LEGAL. I wouldn't fuck with a BUSA when you're top end racing. They hold too many records above 200mph.

Gen 1 Busa 2005.

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/suzuki/one-fast-busa-16429.html

Now just think what those same mods would do on the Gen 2 or the 14.;)

Did anyone notice the busa rider taking the time to flip down his shield?

If he was full throttle and really wringing it he wouldn't appear so casual.

That GTR would have to have at least 1000 HP to outrun the Busa. There are numerous drivers that will testify to that.

You just need to calculate the power to weight ratio since drag at these speeds would not be that significant until near top end or so.

The BUSa was being walked at the start... not quite right.

Fastest state side GTR is only putin down mid 10s on pump gas. Smoked a stock one two or three months ago on my gen1 busa. Small write up about it on the DTC board.

:D I was waiting for you to chime in on this debate ;)

Here it is......

Smoked one last nite. He kept tryin to get me to run him from a roll on. We caught a light with a 3 mile straight away. Light went yellow an I heard the turbo spool up. Geen and I was gone! icon_mrgreen.gif. Stayed in it for bout 2 miles. had a really good lead on him. Bout 3 cars icon_e_biggrin.gif

Stoped at a BK an he pulled in and I swear It was Johny Trann and his cuz Lance! Got to bsin with him bout bikes an cars. That GTR is sick! Said he paid over $50gs for it icon_e_surprised.gif . I said "thats a shame cause it just got smoked by a 4 year old $10,000 bike icon_lol.gif . He lol'ed and said at least it was a jap bike that beat him.

All in all they were really cool. He even let me sit in it icon_mrgreen.gif

I will say..... The sound of the motor on that GTR was a thing of beauty! Gave me a semi evilgrin.gif

I've never really dragged the 'Bird on a strip..... But I agree that guy was launching like a chump. I also agree however..... Wet conditions were probably making him timid, & definitely favored the GTR

Edited by Fonzie