Women Arrested for Facebook Poke

chevysoldier

:lol: HAHAHA

Beware: a Facebook poke could land you behind bars. Just ask Shannon D. Jackson of Hendersonville, Tennessee, who faces that very real possibility.

Jackson was arrested and transported to Sumner County Jail on September 25th with a bond set at $1,500 after she violated an order of protection by allegedly poking a woman on Facebook. The alleged poke broke the terms of the court order: “no telephoning, contacting or otherwise communicating with the petitioner.”

If found guilty, Jackson could face some more extended jailtime: a possible 29 days in jail and a fine of up to $2,500. The Tennessean writes:

According to the affidavit filed in Sumner County General Sessions Court, Jackson is accused of using the “poke” option on Facebook to contact a Hendersonville woman, thus violating the terms of the order of protection…Hendersonville police have made copies of the page in which the alleged victim is shown to be “poked,” according to the affidavit.

While the story seems unbelievable at first glance, the logic is impeccable: poking a person on Facebook(inline-face_05.png?1237094634) is indeed a means of communication, no matter how subtle.

:lol: HAHAHA

Beware: a Facebook poke could land you behind bars. Just ask Shannon D. Jackson of Hendersonville, Tennessee, who faces that very real possibility.

Jackson was arrested and transported to Sumner County Jail on September 25th with a bond set at $1,500 after she violated an order of protection by allegedly poking a woman on Facebook. The alleged poke broke the terms of the court order: “no telephoning, contacting or otherwise communicating with the petitioner.”

If found guilty, Jackson could face some more extended jailtime: a possible 29 days in jail and a fine of up to $2,500. The Tennessean writes:

According to the affidavit filed in Sumner County General Sessions Court, Jackson is accused of using the “poke” option on Facebook to contact a Hendersonville woman, thus violating the terms of the order of protection…Hendersonville police have made copies of the page in which the alleged victim is shown to be “poked,” according to the affidavit.

While the story seems unbelievable at first glance, the logic is impeccable: poking a person on Facebook(inline-face_05.png?1237094634) is indeed a means of communication, no matter how subtle.

This applies to internet forums as well.

This is why we DON'T delete anything! :D

i guess anyone can get on a facebook account name it whatever they want and poke someone. i think ill go make a couple named Sambusa and Fonzie right now and poke random people and make sheep/goats sounds at them! could start a worldwide epidemic of people poking and making sheep noises! :lol:

i guess anyone can get on a facebook account name it whatever they want and poke someone. i think ill go make a couple named Sambusa and Fonzie right now and poke random people and make sheep/goats sounds at them! could start a worldwide epidemic of people poking and making sheep noises! :lol:

Oh dude, do it. I'll give you a few people to poke. This will be epic.

You know... The undying "conspiracy theorist" in me says that you raise an interesting point... What IF, someone else signed into her FB account and poked the chick? Hell, let's take it a step further from reality and assume that the victim actually logged in as the defendant and poked herself (because for some reason, she wanted to get back at her for something)... Stay tuned for the riveting conclusion...:popcorn:

Ha ha... youre killing me today. I am NOT tech savvy but come on now, who doesnt have a Facebook? You give a "poke" to say "hello" via Facebook. Its nothing special but it is a contact of sorts.

I don't do Facebook or Myspace. I quit myspace in 2007 and never looked back. :lol: I realized they're gay and kind of teenish.

http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?t=7727&highlight=Myspace<---Oldie but goodie.

Edited by NinjaNick

You know... The undying "conspiracy theorist" in me says that you raise an interesting point... What IF, someone else signed into her FB account and poked the chick? Hell, let's take it a step further from reality and assume that the victim actually logged in as the defendant and poked herself (because for some reason, she wanted to get back at her for something)... Stay tuned for the riveting conclusion...:popcorn:

Will this epic conclusion be coming next week? Or was this the season finale?:D

• 2 weeks later...