Anyone have a "sport sedan" I can borrow for a weekend? Lutz CTS-V Challenge

Disclaimer

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to sport drive your SS you will find that the brakes are the weak link. (Besides it weighs soo much.) Stock pads are about $175 for the front pads and they suck if you need to stop hard three times in a row. If you are going to mod it start with the brakes. I added about 60 HP at the crank which is fun but not a practical as good brakes would have been. At least you can tow 6,600 lbs.

I know it says stock to stock but can a unstock sport trac enter the race. I think my cousins would probably beat a ctsv dont know what the 1/4 time on a ctsv is

What a let down. I looked real quick and it looks like only a 12.5 second quarter mile stock. I thought it was faster.

I have a lsx powered jeep. I know of the potentials of that motor. I love it and cant complain about. But being they guy I am I would still rather have a ford small block in it. But advance adaptors makes a lot of shit for a gm motor to jeep not so much for ford to jeep.

I got to ride in the last gen CTS-V at an auto-x, it's no Vette, but that thing can MOVE! With a little more room to stretch it's legs that would be tough. Still, get a really good driver in an M5 and I'll still take the German.

The CTS-V is the fastest sedan that's ever lapped the Nurburgring. It's faster than the majority of most sport coupes.

On a 13-mile ring, it's only about 30 seconds slower than the Viper ACR. :D

CTS-V has already proven it's faster than the M5.

BMW sent an M5 with one of their F1 drivers to compete against the CTS-V with Jan Mugnussen on a neutral track. Each session, the BMW got faster and the CTS-V was still ahead.

WOW.... No Shit?!? CTS must be crazy fast

I got invited to BMW's driving school back in '02, and got to race the M5, among others, on their test track/road course. AMAZING car, as was the 740 & the X5.... Both onroad & on their offroad course!!

M5 looked very unassuming, but as soon as I walked up to it & heard that throaty exhaust note up close..... I knew it was on like Donkey Kong!! :D

I thought I put that car through the paces until their test driver got in & had me up against the door most of the ride

One of the most fun days I've ever had in my entire life!! They absolutely encouraged you to BEAT on the cars. One instructor even offered us a $100 if we could break the brake pedal in a stopping test! :cool:

After watching that Nurburgring vid, it must be insulated awfully good, 'cause you couldn't hardly hear the motor like you could that GTR in the other thread

Speaking of the GTR..... I gotta think that's faster than this CTS. Is the GTR not considered a "production model" since somebody mentioned it's hand made?

After watching that Nurburgring vid, it must be insulated awfully good, 'cause you couldn't hardly hear the motor like you could that GTR in the other thread

Speaking of the GTR..... I gotta think that's faster than this CTS. Is the GTR not considered a "production model" since somebody mentioned it's hand made?

The GT-R is not considered a sports SEDAN. Yes it's faster, but it's got AWD and It doesn't weigh 4,000 lbs. For what the CTS-V is, it's damn good. And anyone who thinks 12.5 @115 from a family sedan is slow is a lil kooky. (yes you fusion :D)

The GT-R is not considered a sports SEDAN. Yes it's faster, but it's got AWD and It doesn't weigh 4,000 lbs. For what the CTS-V is, it's damn good. And anyone who thinks 12.5 @115 from a family sedan is slow is a lil kooky. (yes you fusion :D)

I didn't say it was slow, I said I thought it was faster. :p That's only a little faster than the STi stock and the STi is cheaper and has considerably more (and probably better priced) mods available.

The EVO is still a shitbox rattle-trap though. Ever ridden in one? And you'd still have to dump some money in to make them handle as well as the CTS-V out of the box.

The V's interior is gorgeous, with Recaro seats, leather everywhere, and great dash materials. The same cannot be said for the EVO or STi. Those cars are in completely different classes anyways.

And also, I think someone asked on here. $56,000 is starting price.

Go to Voss Caddilac on 725 in Dayton and ask for a test drive of a new V. They'll ablige you, trust me. It may change your perception though.