do you know someone who has tested positive for H1N1?

EagleCock

do you know someone who has tested positive for H1N1?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. do you know someone who has tested positive for H1N1?

There actually haven't been as many confirmed cases at my work as there have been cases that get treated like it's H1N1. Actually, between the two MICU's at work, there have only been 3 confirmed cases that I know of to date.

I hope that the vaccination isn't really a conspiracy theory, because either way it's bad. Give it to doctors and nurses so there isn't anyone left to keep you alive vs. give it to doctors and nurses so everyone else dies. If I die in the next couple of weeks, you'll know why.

There actually haven't been as many confirmed cases at my work as there have been cases that get treated like it's H1N1. Actually, between the two MICU's at work, there have only been 3 confirmed cases that I know of to date.

I hope that the vaccination isn't really a conspiracy theory, because either way it's bad. Give it to doctors and nurses so there isn't anyone left to keep you alive vs. give it to doctors and nurses so everyone else dies. If I die in the next couple of weeks, you'll know why.

are they FORCING you to take the vaccine? or are you being "strongly encouraged?"

I'm curious about how people in the health care field feel about all this. My boss's wife is a nurse, and they basically told her, "we can't force you to take this vaccine, but those who don't take it may see a drop in their hours <wink>"

I see both sides of that debate... just because you work in health care doesn't mean you should have to give up your right to choose your 'treatments.'

are they FORCING you to take the vaccine? or are you being "strongly encouraged?"

I'm curious about how people in the health care field feel about all this. My boss's wife is a nurse, and they basically told her, "we can't force you to take this vaccine, but those who don't take it may see a drop in their hours <wink>"

I see both sides of that debate... just because you work in health care doesn't mean you should have to give up your right to choose your 'treatments.'

:nono:

That's just wrong. I would think that could be called discrimination. Hmmmm... Interesting point we've gotten to....

I wonder how we got to this point of flu shots? Well I know how but Is it really necessary all the times or is it the drug companies exagerating the need ? Are we building ourselves up to a point where vaccines are no longer going to be effective for those who take them regularly or is there going to be a point where someone should not take anymore vaccines and then they really need it? it just worries me that we are becoming to reliant on drugs.

I wonder how we got to this point of flu shots? Well I know how but Is it really necessary all the times or is it the drug companies exagerating the need ? Are we building ourselves up to a point where vaccines are no longer going to be effective for those who take them regularly or is there going to be a point where someone should not take anymore vaccines and then they really need it? it just worries me that we are becoming to reliant on drugs.

THAT is what I'm wondering! There has been talk of such stuff from the constant use of antibiotics, too. I don't medicate unless I'm really bad other than Zyrtec for allergies, and an occasional Excederin Migraine for the really bad headaches.

They didn't force us or strongly encourage us. There has been mention that if you don't get your vaccines you will have to wear a mask at work - but if the patient is suspected of having it you have to wear a mask anyway. I can tell you that one of my patients last night had it, that he's in his 30's and relatively healthy... and his future doesn't look too bright at this point. Despite the fact that I had the vaccination, I'm still kind of freaked out.