Question about selling firearms..

The King

It's a good practice to get a signed bill of sale to keep for your records. That way, if they go and knock over a liquor store and your prints turn up on the barrel of the gun (or your name is on the last known transfer from the store) then you have something to show the cops.

At least, that's what I've always done.

Have you ever had a 1911 b4? I hadnt until I bought my Kimber. I can tell that 1911's are going to become a passion. I'm not quite sure what it is, it may just be a combination of the beauty, craftsmanship, the fine engineering design, easy customization, great feel in the hand and the silky smooth trigger pull. Either way, there is no going back and I'm looking for a second 1911 now.

Kimber is a great gun, you'll love it. What model are you thinking about?

Walther beat me to it! I was going to say, if you ask to see a CHL that will knock out all the requirements.

When I bought my XD I didn't have one, guy asked if he could just see my Driver's License I didn't have an issue with that since they removed the SSN from it :) In terms of paperwork, didn't bother, it's the same thing as selling a chair to someone.

Make sure to check out OhioCCWForums.org, there are always a ton of handguns for sale.

Tom brings up a good point' date=' but I've never asked anyone for a CHL. As long as they are on Ohio resident and I have no reason to believe they are going to use the gun for criminal intentions I view it as non of my business. Here's your gun, thanks for the cash, happy shooting. I also have no interest in doing any kind of paperwork or notarizing in a private sale. I don't like the fact that I have to fill out a form to buy a gun at a store so I'd just as likely not like doing it outside of a store.[/quote']

you're absolutely right, it's not your job to verify their background, but it doesn't hurt. Saying something as simple as "You live in Ohio? 21? no felonies or anything? K here's your gun thanks for the cash"

to Max: I don't think you have to register to see it, only to post

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewforum.php?f=15

Have you ever had a 1911 b4? I hadnt until I bought my Kimber. I can tell that 1911's are going to become a passion. I'm not quite sure what it is, it may just be a combination of the beauty, craftsmanship, the fine engineering design, easy customization, great feel in the hand and the silky smooth trigger pull. Either way, there is no going back and I'm looking for a second 1911 now.

Kimber is a great gun, you'll love it. What model are you thinking about?

I currently have a Springfield GI, but also want one "loaded"

I registered but were's the WTS/WTB section? Found it. woops registered but not logged in.

:-D I'm happy to be a reference for anyone here that I've met, just let me know if someone asks for a reference because you have no posts :) I don't think anyone will have an issue, I had 5 offers when I posted a WTB as my first post.