CCW Training

dustinsn3485

So anyone know of a good CCW class North of Dayton for $100 or less. I've been doing this whole saving money thing for awhile and just can't hit the $150 mark that a lot of places are offering. I'd like to have a small class size, I'd really prefer one on one.

What do I need to look for in an instructor? Any questions that I should ask?

I doubt you're gonna find one on one instruction. Its a 12 hour class.... if you have to teach it, would you rather spend 12 hours giving it to 1 person for $100 or 15 people for $1500?

Call a gun shop in a smaller town, they should be able to hook you up with a decent class for a reasonable price.

I doubt you're gonna find one on one instruction. Its a 12 hour class.... if you have to teach it, would you rather spend 12 hours giving it to 1 person for $100 or 15 people for $1500?

Call a gun shop in a smaller town, they should be able to hook you up with a decent class for a reasonable price.

I won't answer that question in the way you'd expect. The money isn't the important part to me. It'd be a hobby so one on one, yeah I'd do it.

I understand your logic if you're out to make money though.

Dustin, you can hit up NRAinstructors.org and search for a course near you.

Thanks for the link.

At one point Miami Valley Shooting Grounds (Vandalia I think) had them for $75.

Good call, I looked up the website it says $75 a person and the classes are the 1st and 3rd weekend each month. It's in Vandalia. I may give them a call Monday.

I paid $30. :D

It was in Carrolton tho.

That's not too far to drive for $30. Where is this place?

Another question...If you receive training from an instructor and then at some point they are no longer an instructor, is the training you received still good? Or can your CCW being taken away?

That's not too far to drive for $30. Where is this place?

Another question...If you receive training from an instructor and then at some point they are no longer an instructor, is the training you received still good? Or can your CCW being taken away?

:wtf: Once you have it, they cant take it away becaulse you instructor is no longer teaching. Is your drivers ed instructor still teaching Drivers Ed? do you still have a DL?

Carrolton is south of Canton. I believe this guy is based in Canton.

PM Gump. He has the info. The instructor was a cool, although slightly deranged guy who just wants to see law abiding citizens armed. He was very thorough. You will leave understanding that you have to get the blood flowing. :D

:wtf: Once you have it, they cant take it away becaulse you instructor is no longer teaching. Is your drivers ed instructor still teaching Drivers Ed? do you still have a DL?

PM Gump. He has the info. The instructor was a cool, although slightly deranged guy who just wants to see law abiding citizens armed. He was very thorough. You will leave understanding that you have to get the blood flowing. :D

Just making sure...Guns are a bit different than cars it seems. I don't want to go spend a bunch of money and then get shafted. If I can spend $30 for the same training as $150 I'm all over it.

You can spend $30 and get the same certificate' date=' but not necessarily the same training.

(not trying to start that debate again, btw)[/quote']

Trust me, our dude was VERY thorough. We thought it would be a couple hours of class going over gun safety, but it was more like 7 hours of class and 2-3 of shooting.

We were very satisfied with the training.

So let me get this straight.. you consider your CCW as a hobby? thats a bit weird.

No, I'm saying if I was going to be an instructor it would be recreational, not for profit.

I wouldn't charge $150 and I would do one on one if that's what someone wanted. But I'm not an instructor, nor do I plan to be one.

And yes, I see what you did there...