2008 ZX10r

Putty

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too bad.. Low mount single side pipe I see. guess their trying to lower the CG and get away from the undertail.. the ram air opening looks huge which is a plus for performance. Not sure what I think about all the plain plastics.. those should definatley be color matched in my opinion. looks like a tank re-design also. Double openings in the side fairing kinda look cool...

Not too bad.. Low mount single side pipe I see. guess their trying to lower the CG and get away from the undertail.. the ram air opening looks huge which is a plus for performance. Not sure what I think about all the plain plastics.. those should definatley be color matched in my opinion. looks like a tank re-design also. Double openings in the side fairing kinda look cool...

Since 1998, when the new ZX-9r came out......Kawi has been doing no graphics. They are famous for "Ninja" on the front and "ZX-6/9/10r" on the back. Simple and plain. I like the idea of side exhaust....ultimately makes the bike run better....straight shot out of motor....no turns or bends like you have with undertail. I am sure they shaved more wait off it it which will make it even lighter than all the other liters. Bike looks great....BTW, the '09 version will have a same colored lower fairing like the 06/07 change....:dunno: Ram air does look huge, it looks like the same front that is on the ZX6r. I'd get it.....yup :confused:

I'm calling :bs: Photoshop all the way.

Here's why, the heat shield cover for the undertail exhaust is still evident, the openings in the side panels are basically a copy (why not just have one larger one from a manufacturing standpoint), and the exhaust looks like one off a gixxer 1000.

EDIT!!!! I almost over looked the most obvious clue....who mounts a rear brake reservoir on the damn passenger peg!?!?!?

Damn...you're right Putty. I guess I just never paid attention since all zx10's are always behind me. :thefinger: Still looks like it's just hanging in space the way it's pictured.

Edit: Current models are actually mounted off the exhaust heat shield. So, you're WRONG PUTTY!! :thefinger:

Damn...you're right Putty. I guess I just never paid attention since all zx10's are always behind me.

HA HA!! Yeah right.. Who are you anyways? I don't know too many people that have the 07 1000 outside of Flounder and GixChic....On this board anyways.

I'm calling :bs: Photoshop all the way.

Here's why, the heat shield cover for the undertail exhaust is still evident,

I must be blind, I can't find what you're talking about.
the openings in the side panels are basically a copy (why not just have one larger one from a manufacturing standpoint),
Eh? One is larger, and definitely not just a copy. Maybe a clone stamp, then distorted, but definitely not a copy.
and the exhaust looks like one off a gixxer 1000.
It does look A LOT like the gix exhaust, but rotated slightly.
EDIT!!!! I almost over looked the most obvious clue....who mounts a rear brake reservoir on the damn passenger peg!?!?!?
That one's just funny.

2x openings in the fairing are a classic photochop

I'm always skeptical about "new bike pics" on the net. If its not in a mag. or from a reputable source I tend to think its a photochop. That being said, I kinda like the pic. Looks like a shark with gills, with the turn signal being the eyes.

I personally like the rear exhaust better though. A lot "cleaner" look to me with the exhaust in the rear.

Damn...you're right Putty. I guess I just never paid attention since all zx10's are always behind me. :thefinger: Still looks like it's just hanging in space the way it's pictured.

Edit: Current models are actually mounted off the exhaust heat shield. So, you're WRONG PUTTY!! :thefinger:

Hey..I've got a ZX10 that takes offense to that comment! Bring it on!!! :p

I said this on another forum:

"If it's not a photoshop it would be followed by a credible link. Since it's not, it's fake.

Every year people constantly jump the gun. Same thing happened with the BUSA. Why the hell is everyone so impatient and waste thier times with such rediculous pictures instead of waiting for it to be on kawasaki.com? "

If I could upload a f'ing picture I could more than point out the specific areas of this photochopped image. The front looks like the opening of an RC51, the pipe as I said before looks like a gixxer 1000, the decals are exactly the same ones on the current model, the seats are from the ZX6 as well as the cover for what would be normally be there for the undertail exhaust. Damn it why can't I upload!?!?!