2008 ZX10r

Putty

If it came in that orange model they did a few years ago that plain would make a killer base for some decal graphics...

Althought that may not be the 10 as there doesn't seem to be an oil cooler and I am pretty sure all the 1000s have oil coolers on them to help keep heat down.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about a friendly $20 or $50 bet between you and R1Crusher to cover gas on this one.

Why bother coming all the way up here. Why don't you stand up and represent a fellow gixxer rider and take care of things down there Flounder? You have the exact same bike. Are you skeerd of Putty? :dunno:

How about a trip to Mid OH an i'll see if Can make your 10s feel really slow??????

Ah heck lets just make it Nelson Ledges to give your 10s even more chance........

Then I may have to bring out my 06 Gix 1k to have some fun...

Oh snap! Looks like some GDCers are getting involved now.

See Flounder...that's how it's done.

Only Gixxer robots would jack a Kawasaki thread. Are we trying to compensate for something?!?!

:)

It's all good.

You're right Inya...we are robots. We have one program to run and that's to hand out ass whoopings to anyone that wants them.

Don't you have some keys to go find or something? :D:thefinger:

Just messin...you're right it's all good (and that applies to everyone).

Oh snap! Looks like some GDCers are getting involved now.

See Flounder...that's how it's done.

I gots to show flounder up close and personal last time at Mid OH.....

Though I was surprised how quick he did run there his 3rd time ever on the track.

That 1k sure feels like it could be a easy bike to ride if I could get used to the thin tank. My 06 is a littel twitchy but I hope a custom map will fix that some.

But that 07 of Flounders the fueling is smooth all the time.

I gots to show flounder up close and personal last time at Mid OH.....

Though I was surprised how quick he did run there his 3rd time ever on the track.

That 1k sure feels like it could be a easy bike to ride if I could get used to the thin tank. My 06 is a littel twitchy but I hope a custom map will fix that some.

But that 07 of Flounders the fueling is smooth all the time.

Thanks for the track compliments Chris.. and for R1 crusher. I have no doubt that my 071k stock is faster then Putty's 10R stock. But both bikes are so close that rider ability will take the win.. Not to mention a few other things.. I know putty's ability but I dont know yours..

chris.. Still looking at some rotors on ebay for the track bike.. There is no way I can get on the track again without them.. The damn thing tried to throw me off at the end of the straight everytime... Scary shit...

Yeah I won't be using the rotors I had at mid oh this weekend in Michigan.

They weren't as bad as yours, but noticeable on the brakes.

I am checking with WERA to see if the Pro-lites are legal or if I have to buy stock. $170 a piece is better the $220 a piece for stock.

Yeah I won't be using the rotors I had at mid oh this weekend in Michigan.

They weren't as bad as yours, but noticeable on the brakes.

I am checking with WERA to see if the Pro-lites are legal or if I have to buy stock. $170 a piece is better the $220 a piece for stock.

Im just going to get some used ones on ebay.. if they come and are warped, I will just dispute the charge since I have asked all of the sellers for the ones Im looking at if they are warped or not... Not to mention I will be partially pressing out the rivets to make them semi-floating and i would much rather do that to an ebay purchased set instead of a brand new set of expensive ass ones.

.. I know putty's ability but I dont know yours..

Well...if you and Putty are trackers you've already beat me hands down. Leave me in the twisties all you like, I ride within my personal limits. I'm not out to win some bragging rights on the street, that's what the track is for...if I can ever get time to go.

I was just sturring the forum pot. I'll be down in your area soon and we'll all get hooked up.

Yeah I don't think any of us try to prove anything on the street. I know my limits on the street which is about 60-70% of my track limit depending on the road and how I am feeling.

If someone wants to go faster more power too them. But I am also a decent follower on the street I can run faster safer with a rabbit in front to give me a idea on the corner approaching before I get there.

A buddy I ride with (whom I began to learn from) even after I was track riding and moving up to advance when we got on the road neither of us could leave the other. Even though the first time he got on Mid OH in the same session I was in, I smoked him into the Chicane and I was planning on a drafting his 1000 down the backstraight when I saw him on the front straight. Then I caught him quicker then i thought i would and it was like well I guess I will just go now.

Im just going to get some used ones on ebay.. if they come and are warped, I will just dispute the charge since I have asked all of the sellers for the ones Im looking at if they are warped or not... Not to mention I will be partially pressing out the rivets to make them semi-floating and i would much rather do that to an ebay purchased set instead of a brand new set of expensive ass ones.

What kind of price you seeing on ebay???

FYI the Prolites for $340 a set are already lighter and full floating.

Well...if you and Putty are trackers you've already beat me hands down. Leave me in the twisties all you like, I ride within my personal limits. I'm not out to win some bragging rights on the street, that's what the track is for...if I can ever get time to go.

I was just sturring the forum pot. I'll be down in your area soon and we'll all get hooked up.

Sounds good.. Putty is not a track junkie yet but hopefully next year will be the year for that.

What kind of price you seeing on ebay???

FYI the Prolites for $340 a set are already lighter and full floating.

Low Mileage used Stockers by the end of the auction will probably be going for right around $100 for the SET.. :D At that price, I can afford to warp another set or 2 before dropping the bank on the prolites.

PM Sent with some decent links for ya.

Why bother coming all the way up here. Why don't you stand up and represent a fellow gixxer rider and take care of things down there Flounder? You have the exact same bike. Are you skeerd of Putty? :dunno:

No need to race Flounder...He is aware of the 10r havoc. You though, need to be taught a lesson about talking down to Kawasaki... :rulez:

You're right Inya...we are robots. We have one program to run and that's to hand out ass whoopings to anyone that wants them.

Don't you have some keys to go find or something? :D:thefinger:

Just messin...you're right it's all good (and that applies to everyone).

Ouch! Go fix that dent!!!!! Craptastic Gixxer..comes standard from the factory with dents!!! :lol: