OhioRiders' Toys for Tots Toy Drive 2009

Casper

toysfortots.gif

The OhioRiders' Toys for Tots Toy Drive will be held on Saturday, November 29, 2008. Toy donations will be accepted at Ohio Motorcycle at 3747 Park Mill Run Drive in Hilliard from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.

Types of Toys Needed:

Q : Are particular types of toys more in need than others?

A : The age groups that are in need of donations are the children from ages 0-2 and ages 15-17.

Q : What kinds of toys are not allowed?

A : Toys with military theme. Toys related to weapons/law enforcement type toys. Toys with candy. Used toys. No chemicals (i.e. experimental labs, acid, crystal projects, etc.). The Toys For tots program do not allow these toys. The Toys For Tots of the Marine Corps reserve will not distribute toys fitting this description that are donated to the program to children. Instead, these toys will be donated to another charity organization.

Q : What kind of toys can I donate?

A : New, unwrapped toys preferably around the $10 or above price range. It is unsafe to distribute dangerous or dirty toys that could cause injury or illness to a child.

Monetary contributions will also be accepted.

Again a big thanks goes out to Ohio Motorcycle for allowing us to do this.

This is from last year. This year Carie has the Norwich Township fire department involved. More info soon. This is to toss out ideas.

• 2 weeks later...
What if we did the same thing with Iron Pony on another weekend?

I'm sure they would promo it. Get hillbilly dressed up like Santa.

I would pay to see that.

That's actually a good idea.

Carie, is Iron Pony covered by Mifflin Twp?

Whoever covers it will def be all over it if we can set it up.

Not that HNW is small potatoes or anything but IP could pull a huge crowd.

Everybody goes there.

I agree, but if it's Columbus I doubt they'd be interested.

ok so IP is Westerville addy and Taxed there too. Blendon Twp is contracted to Westerville fire to provide Fire and EMS services. Which is good for us if we wanna do this as we can involve both entities.

So now what?

ok so IP is Westerville addy and Taxed there too. Blendon Twp is contracted to Westerville fire to provide Fire and EMS services. Which is good for us if we wanna do this as we can involve both entities.

So now what?

No Carie calls her friends. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Ip is in Columbus for Fire. Just spoke to John Ross (Deputy Fire Chief of Westerville) and he told me that but is going to put me in contact with the right person.

Now we will need to Contact Ip and set a date for this.

• 2 weeks later...