2-stroke for steet registration

usafstud

Hi,

I'll be moving from Aviano AB, Italy to Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio next summer. I been thinking about adding an Aprilia RS250 street bike to my collection. Will this be impossible to register in Ohio like in CA?

Thanks,

Frank

Hi,

I'll be moving from Aviano AB, Italy to Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio next summer. I been thinking about adding an Aprilia RS250 street bike to my collection. Will this be impossible to register in Ohio like in CA?

Thanks,

Frank

i dont think so, i have seen a couple of two strokes around here. and i am in the dayton area.

just a question, why would you want an RS250 for the street?

You should be alright as long as it passes the inspection. Proper turn signals, lights, horn blah blah all the safety stuff. We dont have the strict emissions here in Columbus (no e check) Where i lived in cincy we did have e check. So depends on the area, but you should be alright! :D Id love to have a two smoker for the street. I want to do a 500 super moto!

You can register it, no emissions check in most of the State. Maybe some of the Cleveland area and Cincy people can verify, but I'm pretty sure they suspended E-check a couple years ago.

yeah there is no E-check anywhere anymore.... the fact that after you failed it 3 times they would give you a pass that said you were OK kinda made people think that it was just a way to get tax money... which it was.

yeah there is no E-check anywhere anymore.... the fact that after you failed it 3 times they would give you a pass that said you were OK kinda made people think that it was just a way to get tax money... which it was.

:wtf: Where'd you get this information?

I just eChecked my truck this year for new plates....

You should be alright as long as it passes the inspection. Proper turn signals, lights, horn blah blah all the safety stuff. We dont have the strict emissions here in Columbus (no e check) Where i lived in cincy we did have e check. So depends on the area, but you should be alright! :D Id love to have a two smoker for the street. I want to do a 500 super moto!

inspection?.....i never got an inspection on my crf450r7SM

If you bring in a vehicle from out of state they will inspect it to make sure the numbers on the title match the numbers on the vehicle. A formality really. You have to go to a special inspection place. Not a big deal but you do have to go to the main office of the BMV to get it done.

They won't know or care if it is a two stroke. An Italian title might get interesting but as long as you are not "Importing" the machine rather just transferring your personal property you should be ok.

Good luck!