Storm 2

redbarron77

droid intrigues me...it's basically the same as my phone, but it has a solid state keyboard (mine doesn't) and it's made by motorola (mine's samsung)

I like the looks of that keyboard. Looks like the keys are actually of a size you can use without miskeying/double keying all the time

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see nothing spectacular about the droid. Nothing that it does that none of the other phones don't do, other than the 5 megapixel camera. I have the Storm and love it. I would like to upgrade, but haven't had it for a year. If I pass it on, then I would have to add another unlimited bandwidth to my account. So I'm still undecided.

just went to try and upgrade my storm tonight...i'm on my fifth one and looking towards the sixth....so they decided that they would allow me to upgrade to another phone (lemon). I really like all of the features of the storm but i'm tired of having to replace it everytime something screws up. I have heard the storm 2 is a lot better but i am just wary so on friday im going to check out the droid when it drops. btw there are 10,000 apps available friday and looking to have 30,000 within the month. These two phones are the only two options for a replacement for as far as i know and so says Verizon too, no other phones that they have are comparable unfortunately.

just went to try and upgrade my storm tonight...i'm on my fifth one and looking towards the sixth....so they decided that they would allow me to upgrade to another phone (lemon). I really like all of the features of the storm but i'm tired of having to replace it everytime something screws up. I have heard the storm 2 is a lot better but i am just wary so on friday im going to check out the droid when it drops. btw there are 10,000 apps available friday and looking to have 30,000 within the month. These two phones are the only two options for a replacement for as far as i know and so says Verizon too, no other phones that they have are comparable unfortunately.

After the last update my problems have dropped to zero with my Storm. Any problems I had before that were merely annoyances for the most part.

I see nothing spectacular about the droid. Nothing that it does that none of the other phones don't do, other than the 5 megapixel camera.

3.7inch screen w/ highest resolution of any phone

+ Qwerty and it's still slim

Android 2.0, linux based OS (very customizable)

Apps are good across all android carriers = more developers

600mhz integrated processor

Easily handles programs running in the background

Outlook, gmail, exchange support

Free turn by turn navigation

Will have flash plugin once Adobe 10 is released

Comes with 16gb SD card

3.5mm headphone jack

Support of the BIGGEST network/coverage

Anyway I'm getting carried away, those are some things I don't think other phones can really compete with. Getting mine next week!

I can't compare the droid, and this is the first Blackberry device I've used, but it is Frickkin' SWEET! The browser is smooth and quick, as a tethered device(for use as a modem) pages load about twice as fast as my old Windows PDA, the "keyboard" is a touchscreen qwerty style and has the feel of real buttons. The security can be setup extremely tight, and....wait for it...my entire contacts list is now accessible via voice recognition software!

I just hit a button, say a name, and Home, work, Mobile, etc, and it dials it for me. I did not have to record any names, or set a baseline for my voice, it just did it.

While I would have liked to have waited for the droid, I am more than happy with the Storm2.

That's ok, as much as they want to sell the Droid as an iPhone killer it's definitely not. The Droid is accessible but it will mostly appeal to tech geeks. The average person will still like the WOW factor of the iPhone and business users will still need a Blackberry's security or a WinMo's productivity. Besides, if everyone has the droid (though a lot of people will), how am I supposed to feel special?

... Besides, if everyone has the droid (though a lot of people will), how am I supposed to feel special?

You are special! Just like all of us who ride that short bus every day....

:popcorn:

I couldn't pass that one up, especially since one of the bars around here, the people at the bar call me "Short Bus".

3.7inch screen w/ highest resolution of any phone

+ Qwerty and it's still slim

Android 2.0, linux based OS (very customizable)

Apps are good across all android carriers = more developers

600mhz integrated processor

Easily handles programs running in the background

Outlook, gmail, exchange support

Free turn by turn navigation

Will have flash plugin once Adobe 10 is released

Comes with 16gb SD card

3.5mm headphone jack

Support of the BIGGEST network/coverage

Anyway I'm getting carried away, those are some things I don't think other phones can really compete with. Getting mine next week!

Ok ok... maybe it is a nice phone. :)