BEWARE - Scam hitting Columbus today - I and a few of my family have gotten the calls

Casper

If you get a phone call apparently from Franklin County Corrections, don't accept the call. It's a scam. They say your brother or whatever is in jail, and that you can bail them out via credit card over the phone. The caller ID info is legit too. If you call the number back though, they have no record of anyone calling you. Some lady was just taken for $6k. My dad and I both have gotten the phone calls today. He got a call saying his brother was in jail, and I got a call saying my uncle was in jail. Coincidence or these people have done their research. I'll post more info as I get it, but I wanted to make sure everyone was aware of this going around.

It occurs to me that people are SO retarded... for every person like Ben that is skeptical there are 10 people that will instantly shell out money.

What kills me is that it's also illegal "educate" people, like call with this same scam and when someone says "OMG LET ME GRAB MY CC" you say "Ok no, listen this was a scam, how do you know I'm from the jail? Please don't fall for this crap".....Because any scammer could say they were just trying to "educate" people.

I'd be like, " tell him not to drop the soap". Click.

:lol:

If you get a phone call apparently from Franklin County Corrections, don't accept the call. It's a scam. They say your brother or whatever is in jail, and that you can bail them out via credit card over the phone. The caller ID info is legit too. If you call the number back though, they have no record of anyone calling you. Some lady was just taken for $6k. My dad and I both have gotten the phone calls today. He got a call saying his brother was in jail, and I got a call saying my uncle was in jail. Coincidence or these people have done their research. I'll post more info as I get it, but I wanted to make sure everyone was aware of this going around.

Thanks for the heads up. Shitty that people pull this kind of stuff. :nono:

i'd probably just reply with something like "my brother died last year in a horrific bar fight that ended in gun fire and i sat there holding my brother for his final breath and couldn't do anything to help. thanks for bringing up the memories you inconsiderate fuck."

just to make them feel bad

btw i'm an only child too

^----- Listen to that guy

Franklin County Court Record

image.php?u=797&dateline=1255822055

Name: Shittygxsr

Tattoos: None

Scars: Right ankle

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 180lbs

Race: Caucasian

Riding Ability: Negligible

Previous convictions:

Wire fraud (F2)

Mail fraud (F2)

Tampering with evidence (M1)

Identify Theft (F2)

Edited by JRMMiii

Scars: Right ankle

Riding Ability: Negligible

Previous convictions:

Wire fraud (F2)

Mail fraud (F2)

Tampering with evidence (M1)

Identify Theft (F2)

:lol:

Scars: Left ankle

Riding Ability: Better than JRMIII

Previous convictions:

being awesome (F2)

Identify Theft but then realizing JRMIII has bad credit and giving it back (F2)

hey wrong ankle