Quick little outage...

Casper

Am I right that I've noticed the site slow down a bit in the past few weeks? Higher loading? (Might just be me though...)

I still think it's fast, just not quite as fast as when you finished that last upgrade a few months ago.

That's what I mean by we're out growing this hosting already.

We can't used shared hosting plans. We crush them. We see around 3 million hits per week and a constant throughput averaging 140kB/sec (1.1Mbps). We're on a virtual dedicated server right now, and starting to outgrow it. Most likely I'll be moving everything to a dedicated at a colocation in the near future. The next step after that would be multiple servers in a cluster and/or load balance setup.

Wow, desmohio is hosted under somebody's desk at their job or something. LOL.

OR does see a lot of traffic that is for sure.

Wow, desmohio is hosted under somebody's desk at their job or something. LOL.

OR does see a lot of traffic that is for sure.

DesmOhio:

Total posts 18507 | Total topics 3013 | Total members 441

Ohio Riders:

It's a bit of a difference. :D Different demographics though. You guys are brand specific. We're open to anyone on two wheels. It's only natural for this site to be busier.

I've offered to host Desmo before. It'd be a lot faster. I have no idea where Chris has it though.

Yea, we need to talk Chris into doing it. The site would be much better. Im just not sure if he wants to take it away from the guy who does it now. Will has put some time and energy into it so im not sure he wants to take that away from him. I will ask him next time Im over at the club house. It would be cool cuz we could have a little tab off the top that links right to desmohio... well maybe :dunno::D

DesmOhio:

Total posts 18507 | Total topics 3013 | Total members 441

Ohio Riders:

It's a bit of a difference. :D Different demographics though. You guys are brand specific. We're open to anyone on two wheels. It's only natural for this site to be busier.

I've offered to host Desmo before. It'd be a lot faster. I have no idea where Chris has it though.

Wow, numbers really illustrate what I figured. I do wish desmohio was on a more solid website. The website is pretty buggy overall.

True though, it's not only brand specific, it's a niche brand and it's really a small core group of people (about 50) that do any posting. It's a good group of people though, lot more face to face meeting than I've ever seen on a forum.

It'd just be nice to be able to embed youtube videos, have a working shoutbox, and not have the page get double scroll bars all the time. Maybe even moderate some of the dumb posts. That's just my 2 cents though. I'm not really super adamant about it.

We can't used shared hosting plans. We crush them. We see around 3 million hits per week and a constant throughput averaging 140kB/sec (1.1Mbps). We're on a virtual dedicated server right now, and starting to outgrow it. Most likely I'll be moving everything to a dedicated at a colocation in the near future. The next step after that would be multiple servers in a cluster and/or load balance setup.

Dang. I didn't realize. You running ESXI?

Edited by chrisknight
opps...