What would get people to read the sponsor threads more?

35RFTW

We posted up specials 2 days ago and it has only had 43 views? What could get people to read up on what we are offering. In asking what people were wanting for specials, two different things that we are currently offering were suggested. What can we do to get the word out better?

as much as u hate to say it the people most likely to read your threads are those looking to buy bike and at the moment i dont know how many of us here are looking.

now if you added a for lack of better words hook maybe a unique before and after pic, or something that has a little interest in it you would get people looking at your thread to see those ad then look at the deals

^^^ this is true and we know it is November, but there are still two other departments in our business. Everyone could use winterization stuff, battery tenders, ect. Plenty of stuff motorcyclist still need in the winter. No one can get the deals if they don't read the thread.

^^^ this is true and we know it is November, but there are still two other departments in our business. Everyone could use winterization stuff, battery tenders, ect. Plenty of stuff motorcyclist still need in the winter. No one can get the deals if they don't read the thread.

I don't know about most, but we have several battery tenders laying around the garage and might as well own stock in Sta-bil. :lol:

My suggestion, however, would've been to have separate threads; one for service, one for bike sales. The service/parts thread I would've titled something like, "Win a free battery tender". Just my two cents.

maybe if your 'deals' and 'specials' were actually deals or special.

I mean lube cables, 3 gallons of gas, lube chain and load testing a battery for $125?

and this isn't just me being an a-hole. you're asking for constructive criticism.

I mean lube cables, 3 gallons of gas, lube chain and load testing a battery for $125?

and this isn't just me being an a-hole. you're asking for constructive criticism.

Thats not that bad at all. :confused: How long would it take you to do all that stuff on your own?

Thats not that bad at all. :confused: How long would it take you to do all that stuff on your own?

+1 Zach

Lube cable 3 min (3 cables) 10 min

Add 3 gal gas :rolleyes:

Lube chain (10 min if it's a dirt bike, less for street)

Load test battery (depends on equipment) 5 min

Total 25 min. Easy $$$$:cool:

I'll check the site and see what I can recommend.

Edited by buildit

+1 Zach

Lube cable 3 min (3 cables) 10 min

Add 3 gal gas :rolleyes:

Lube chain (10 min if it's a dirt bike, less for street)

Load test battery (depends on equipment) 5 min

Total 25 min. Easy $$$$:cool:

I will gladly pay some peasant to do even 25 minutes worth of work. If I can afford to let my exotic pets have their own cars, I can surely afford this service. </snootyvoice>

500x_MAL_3076.jpg

Yes, that's my mountain goat's Ferrari, and he is better than you.

Target Demo

Here's the thing... we're talking about EXTREMELY targeted marketing here. The demographics from this forum are predominantly 18-25 males with a high % of sport bikes. So the key here is, what is your target demo? and if you say "everyone" you need to rethink your marketing plan.

Title

You're also talking about how you can increase the effectiveness of your forum threads. The best way to increase thread "views" is by subject modification. Studies show email subject influences open rates far more than anything else (duh) and since we can't see the content without first reading the subject it stands to reason your thread title is what will impact the thread "views".

Color

Green and Red elicit very high response rates (red more so than green), put some color in your post. Overdo it and you will reverse the effect.

Call to Action

What do you want people to do? Your call to action needs to mimic what is reasonable, if you expect people to open your thread then immediately call you and schedule a service appointment then your content needs to match that call to action.

Second to subject your relationship with people impacts open rates, if people trust/know/want to read what you have to say they will. If people don't recognize you or assosciate just one of your efforts with "unwanted" the marketing response goes down each time they are exposed to it.

Just my $.02 so remember what you paid for it.

I will gladly pay some peasant to do even 25 minutes worth of work. If I can afford to let my exotic pets have their own cars, I can surely afford this service. </snootyvoice>.

At $125 a bike I'll lube cables, spray chains, and attach two cables to a battery and press a button all day long! When should we schedual your service?:p

I looked at your site under specials and found I must subscribe to a news letter. :rolleyes: Looked at the bikes. I'm a DS rider, all you have is sport and cruisers. Prices didn't do much for me either.

I did like you drive train guarantee though.;)

Edited by buildit

I don't know about most, but we have several battery tenders laying around the garage and might as well own stock in Sta-bil. :lol:

My suggestion, however, would've been to have separate threads; one for service, one for bike sales. The service/parts thread I would've titled something like, "Win a free battery tender". Just my two cents.

Good stuff!

I asked for thoughts, I am not going to shoot you for answering. To be fair you have to also include the fact that a new battery tender is included as well. We called around to other shops to see what they were offering and I know ours to be on of the cheaper ones, and I dont remember any of those having Battery Tenders either.

Thanks!

Target Demo

Here's the thing... we're talking about EXTREMELY targeted marketing here. The demographics from this forum are predominantly 18-25 males with a high % of sport bikes. So the key here is, what is your target demo? and if you say "everyone" you need to rethink your marketing plan.

Title

You're also talking about how you can increase the effectiveness of your forum threads. The best way to increase thread "views" is by subject modification. Studies show email subject influences open rates far more than anything else (duh) and since we can't see the content without first reading the subject it stands to reason your thread title is what will impact the thread "views".

Color

Green and Red elicit very high response rates (red more so than green), put some color in your post. Overdo it and you will reverse the effect.

Call to Action

What do you want people to do? Your call to action needs to mimic what is reasonable, if you expect people to open your thread then immediately call you and schedule a service appointment then your content needs to match that call to action.

Second to subject your relationship with people impacts open rates, if people trust/know/want to read what you have to say they will. If people don't recognize you or assosciate just one of your efforts with "unwanted" the marketing response goes down each time they are exposed to it.

Just my $.02 so remember what you paid for it.

This is probably the best information I have recieved!