power wheelies on a k7 gixxer 750

Jcroz91

What I've heard is that insurance companies are very upset with the additional work load, dealing with all the "proofs of". The percent of people receiving these requests is pretty high. My opinion is that they are using freeway cameras to capture license plate numbers, and using those to send out requests. That way they know the vehicle was driving, and when. But I'm guessing at that. It's the way I would do it.

They COULD attach it with the red light cameras! I have progressive, and I believe you can print out the require proof from their website. I haven't needed it since I've been with them.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dood... Can't you just let it go? The more YOU talk about it and the post moves back to the top, the more that MANY get to see it again and bash on you again.

People were going on what you had said. At the same time you were talking about power whoolies, you had another thread asking about the title issues, and on another forum looking for a frame with a clean title! If you are trying to resolve title isues, you COULDN'T have had tags for THAT BIKE in YOUR name, and insurance would have likely not been valid for that reason. Peopl were really trying to advise you to do the right thing, to keep you out of trouble, then you got all hardcore, and argumentative, and like you're better than everyone.

Please, keep that in mind in future postings, and be prepared to take a little shit, and remember that most of the time it's all in fun, or seriously good advice looking out for you. The peeps on here are generally good peeps, with the exception of a few (JRMiii :lol:) that we just like to argue with!

it was at the top when i saw it.

They COULD attach it with the red light cameras! I have progressive, and I believe you can print out the require proof from their website. I haven't needed it since I've been with them.

I think it's special cameras to read and record plates. Very few patrol cars have them. If it sees a wanted, felon, APB, etc, it will alert the officer driving. There's a model for roadside, but it's very different from traffic cameras. Expensive, paid for mostly by Federal grants after 9/11. I know I've seen one somewhere, I just can't remember where...

Although after that biker got killed on East Broad St, a spooky special camera was set up the next morning, and was watching traffic. It looked extremely expensive, and an unmarked car was nearby watching the camera. From the looks of the camera gear, it was recording everything...

Yes, you can print proof of insurance from Progressive (as well as most bigger carriers, Nationwide, Geico, Safeauto, Esurance)

I'm sorry, but this deserves a :facepalm:

If you decide to apply this reasoning to next summer, you're not welcome to ever ride with me.

HAH, just when I went and changed my limits for the winter.... if jcoz drives into my garage and hits the bike I'm going to be MAAAAAAD

HAH, just when I went and changed my limits for the winter.... if jcoz drives into my garage and hits the bike I'm going to be MAAAAAAD

It's not like you won't be able to tell it's him... he'll be the driving the v6 mustang with the supercharger whine.

Dood... Can't you just let it go? The more YOU talk about it and the post moves back to the top, the more that MANY get to see it again and bash on you again.

People were going on what you had said. At the same time you were talking about power whoolies, you had another thread asking about the title issues, and on another forum looking for a frame with a clean title! If you are trying to resolve title isues, you COULDN'T have had tags for THAT BIKE in YOUR name, and insurance would have likely not been valid for that reason. Peopl were really trying to advise you to do the right thing, to keep you out of trouble, then you got all hardcore, and argumentative, and like you're better than everyone.

Please, keep that in mind in future postings, and be prepared to take a little shit, and remember that most of the time it's all in fun, or seriously good advice looking out for you. The peeps on here are generally good peeps, with the exception of a few (JRMiii :lol:) that we just like to argue with!

glad someone could remind him of what happened he seems to have a short memory, and changes the details of his stories when best suits him... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

glad someone could remind him of what happened he seems to have a short memory, and changes the details of his stories when best suits him... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

yes i went over all this with you yesterday. the day after i posted looking for a frame i got all the title work, registration and shit cleared up and even before that i have my lisence. its really not that tough to comprehend

Just for reference, most insurance policies are based on the year, and take into account the months that you wouldn't be riding, based on zip code, at least that's what a little birdy told me. The ins. co. said it wouldn't save me any to drop in the winter months, but maybe that's because my bikes are so cheap to insure....

without readings whats below...

yea i knew that, its cheaper for me to keep it on full time as well.

i was just implying that since its winter/cold/snow he/she wouldn't be riding, which in turns means a far less chance of screwing up (albeit the chance is still there for him/her...)

yes i went over all this with you yesterday. the day after i posted looking for a frame i got all the title work, registration and shit cleared up and even before that i have my lisence. its really not that tough to comprehend

I know you're gonna think I'm an ass for saying it, but things would be easier to comprehend with better spelling and grammar. Just saying....

License.

i only pay 40/month full coverage.

Mine is 100/300/100 collision, comp, gear, etc from State Farm. And my record is not good, plus a 1000cc bike. It's expensive but I'm okay with it considering everyone else quoted $3000+/year. (Fuck that)

Mine is 100/300/100 collision, comp, gear, etc from State Farm. And my record is not good, plus a 1000cc bike. It's expensive but I'm okay with it considering everyone else quoted $3000+/year. (Fuck that)

Something other than the fuel economy that I like from our little bikes!

70 mpg is a big fuel fuel economy number! :lol:

I'm afraid I'd kill myself on a bigger bike. No, really!

Eh, me too at first. But being able to only use part throttle and staying between 4000-8500 rpm is enough for me to keep up with most people who aren't riding like it's their last ride. So for me I love that big bore thrust. It's way nicer than revving out my last CBR 600. A torque peak of 75 lb-ft at 6,000 rpm is nice. :)

Eh, me too at first. But being able to only use part throttle and staying between 4000-8500 rpm is enough for me to keep up with most people who aren't riding like it's their last ride. So for me I love that big bore thrust. It's way nicer than revving out my last CBR 600. A torque peak of 75 lb-ft at 6,000 rpm is nice. :)

I'll get a biggier bike one day, I just don't know when I'll even be ready for one! I can sufficiently scare myself on the 500. It would be nice to have some stronger pull, but that's where I scared myself on the 500, popping a hil at just the right speed, gear and RPM combo, front wheel WILL come up without trying! :D

front wheel WILL come up without trying! :D

That's the fun part! :eek:

I did that within the first week of ownership. It was awe inspiring because it went perfectly. Perfect lift, perfect angle, and it rode out for a little bit while going downhill. :cool: