Breaking news: Fort Hood closed amid reports of several killed

Disclaimer

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With ya wrillo. It's been a year full of Sundays since I was active duty and that was long before 9/11. But even on base, someone toting a weapon that shouldn't be was fairly conspicuous. RIP to the victims and thoughts and prayers to the families.

I hate to ask this, but why the hell are the FBI, ATF, and local police and SWAT there? This is a military base. Shouldn't the military be handling it? I'm not trying to start shit or anything like that. I'm genuinely curious.

I hate to ask this, but why the hell are the FBI, ATF, and local police and SWAT there? This is a military base. Shouldn't the military be handling it? I'm not trying to start shit or anything like that. I'm genuinely curious.

well, if i knew there was some bad people on base, you never know what keys people have. id want all the good guys i can get. its the 1st CAV division. they have tanks and bradleys.

I love your pro-carry comments, I really do

;)

My buddy's wedding last month, he's airforce. All together 2 airforce and 1 army enlisted. Here's the conversation

Me: What sidearm do you guys carry?

All: Beretta, I think all DOD armed forces carry the Beretta

Jim: I'm trained in rifle but I don't carry it.

Me: Wait, you guys don't carry on base?

All: HELL NO

Me: Why not?

Jim: We're not allowed, only MPs and essential security folks can carry firearms... it's a safe place really no need.

I'm still shocked about this... you're trusted to die for your country, to shoot in combat situations... but you can't be trusted to walk around with a firearm at your side...

Get real folks.

The shooter or shooters were US soldiers....:nono:
A senior administration official told NBC News analyst Roger Cressey that the suspect who was in custody was an Army major with an Arabic-sounding name. The official said the shootings could have been a criminal matter rather than a terrorism-related attack and that there was no intelligence to suggest a plot against Fort Hood.

This ought to be interesting...

;)

My buddy's wedding last month, he's airforce. All together 2 airforce and 1 army enlisted. Here's the conversation

Jim: We're not allowed, only MPs and essential security folks can carry firearms... it's a safe place really no need.

I'm still shocked about this... you're trusted to die for your country, to shoot in combat situations... but you can't be trusted to walk around with a firearm at your side...

Get real folks.

I'm on the same page to be honest, although I do have some doubts. One side of me says "if everyone had a side arm think about how quickly this would have ended"... the other side says "but think of the fuck fest of bullets that would have happened" In a situation like that no one is going to think twice about pulling and firing without thinking about bullet travel and penetration

This ought to be interesting...

That's crazy, isn't any attack like this SOME form of terrorism?

Terrorism is the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion.[1] At present, there is no agreed definition of terrorism.[2][3] Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for an ideological goal (as opposed to a lone attack), and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants.

What else is it? He just went crazy and hated his "co-workers"?

I'm on the same page to be honest, although I do have some doubts. One side of me says "if everyone had a side arm think about how quickly this would have ended"... the other side says "but think of the fuck fest of bullets that would have happened" In a situation like that no one is going to think twice about pulling and firing without thinking about bullet travel and penetration

You are correct, BUT look back at that bar shooting... something like >20 shots fired and noone hit?

If 25 people fired upon this shooter, and 1 bullet went stray and hit a bystander then we're looking at 2 people dead.... and 1 person responsible for manslaughter

25 people are fired upon with no defense? 25 people dead... and 1 criminal still running free.

;)

Get real folks.

A) if some of these goobers carried rifles around all the time, there would be a lot more lost rifles

B) even when we have rifles, you get the ammo at the range and nowhere else. brass and ammo check after each range.

C) with the army suicide rate as it is, part A and B probably provide for a safer environment altogether.

also, as a side, i personally have ammo for all my weapons systems (rifle, MG, beretta) here in iraq, and i have my 9mm and 2 loaded mags on me at all times, so theres a stark contrast between a hostile country base and a domestic base. on some of the smaller outposts, you roll with a magazine in the weapon, no round chambered. hope this sheds a little light for the non military folks.

Edited by Benyen Soljax