Feeler...

alab32

Thinking about selling my .40 M&P. I want to get a Sig P220 SAO after I get rid of this. Not sure if I want to strait up sell it or trade it in for some off my Sig. I hear the gunshows here are pretty awesome to buy sell and trade guns. I may have to check these out too. Anyone have any advice or what not?

I used to see what a shop would give me, and split the difference between that and the new price, and sell it to a friend. Goes quick that way. A gun shop won't give you enough, even if buying another. Hara Arena - Goodman gun show or the one at the airport, is where I go to check stuff out.

Dayton Hara Arena show dates - Dayton

Airport Expo Center show dates - Vandalia

I have sold every hand gun I was trying to get rid of at a gunshow. Most within 10 mins. You get mobbed when you walk in to a gun show selling a handgun. My advice is go to a show and get the extra money over trading it in. Most shops will only give you 80% of the used market value. So if you can get $425-450 at a gun show for it, a shop will only give ya 80% of that. I sold mt pt-145 for $20 less then I paid for it at a local show. And sold a s&w mp 9mm at a show that was 3 years old for $430 and prob could of got more if I tried harder but I sold it with in the first twenty feet of the door.

I have sold every hand gun I was trying to get rid of at a gunshow. Most within 10 mins. You get mobbed when you walk in to a gun show selling a handgun. My advice is go to a show and get the extra money over trading it in. Most shops will only give you 80% of the used market value. So if you can get $425-450 at a gun show for it, a shop will only give ya 80% of that. I sold mt pt-145 for $20 less then I paid for it at a local show. And sold a s&w mp 9mm at a show that was 3 years old for $430 and prob could of got more if I tried harder but I sold it with in the first twenty feet of the door.

Thank you! Good advice. I will have to go to the next show in the area. Thanks again.