Opinions on suit color

RSVDon

I would base your suit color more on your helmet/gloves/boots than your bike. People tend to replace bikes pretty often. That suit ought to last you a loooong time.

more obscure colors will be cheaper to match with gloves. once met a group of 3 guys with yellow leathers. the yellow was so un-popular, their suits were 50% off, and matching gloves were just as cheap. And it's true. Every time i check the 'clearance" section on IronPony.com, everything is yellow - or at least everything they actually have in a size other than XXL or XS.

I would base your suit color more on your helmet/gloves/boots than your bike. People tend to replace bikes pretty often. That suit ought to last you a loooong time.

more obscure colors will be cheaper to match with gloves. once met a group of 3 guys with yellow leathers. the yellow was so un-popular, their suits were 50% off, and matching gloves were just as cheap. And it's true. Every time i check the 'clearance" section on IronPony.com, everything is yellow - or at least everything they actually have in a size other than XXL or XS.

That's why I made the end of the sleeves and pant legs on my design black, so they would transition well into black boots and gloves, also with the third color being white on the suit, the white Astar logo on the boots and gloves wont look out of place.

Hey, DD, just a quick question about the measurements; if we measure w/o a back protector and check the "did not measure w/ back protector box" and buy one of your back protectors, will you be able to compensate for the extra room when making the suit?

*Edit* I hope that makes sense?

And Hix passed on that option?? what a pussy!

FWIW, I heard about Spartan Leathers from Ron, and he doesn't miss a chance to recommend you. Sponsorship money well spent, IMO. :)

That's good to hear. I dont hear a lot from Ron, but IMHO it's invaluable having an AMA rider wearing my stuff.

Hey, DD, just a quick question about the measurements; if we measure w/o a back protector and check the "did not measure w/ back protector box" and buy one of your back protectors, will you be able to compensate for the extra room when making the suit?

*Edit* I hope that makes sense?

Yes, the suit is made with extra material to allow for a back protector to be worn. If you measure wearing one, that is a little more accurate, as some BPs may only add 1" of extra to your chest, or they may add 4" (with some back/chest combos).

They typically add 3-4" on average to the chest and waist measurement which allows for most BPs to be worn, unless you tell me you measured w/ your BP on, then they only add an inch or 2.

Clear as mud?