Metal work, welding, fabricating....Anyone know someone?

Dubguy85

I know plenty of guys...But you are soo far away.

LOL thanks hooker!

I bought a trailer without seeing it...From a different state...Its in great shape, but is made for bigger bikes, harleys, choppers etc...I'm trying to sell it...I'll even take a 300 loss on it..But if not, it needs modified... its a Kendon Dual rail trailer... Sweet trailer, and not cheap... but the model i got was the "big bike" model...

Why wont it work for you?

When the front wheels of a sportbike are up against the trailer and loaded, the tie down points are to far back and it doesn't pull the bike forward, it pulls it down, or slightly backward...

The "ramp" or "chock" or wheel stop, or whatever you want to call it at the front of the rail needs to be like 1 foot back...

I am particular though, and would prefer to make it look factory, aka powdercoated black and look "Clean" not just a piece of scrap metal welded on that will rust and so forth...

not sure if that last part is doable

When the front wheels of a sportbike are up against the trailer and loaded, the tie down points are to far back and it doesn't pull the bike forward, it pulls it down, or slightly backward...

The "ramp" or "chock" or wheel stop, or whatever you want to call it at the front of the rail needs to be like 1 foot back...

I am particular though, and would prefer to make it look factory, aka powdercoated black and look "Clean" not just a piece of scrap metal welded on that will rust and so forth...

not sure if that last part is doable

How about putting in a removable piece, that installs with a locking pin, or bolts in with stainless bolts?

Maybe even a second set of tie-down points, depending on where the bike ends up being on the trailer, for proper distribution of weight on the trailer axle vs. tongue weight.

rr dude should be able to hook you up, I think he knows about all this stuff...

From the sounds of it....you would be best to add Tie down spots if your only issue is those.

It would be the least amount of work and would also allow you to leave the others for multiple mounting configs for multiple different bikes.

I thought about this, but the only problem is if they are too much farther in front of the current ones, backing up and turning might be a problem with the bracket hitting the rear bumper of my car.... I'll have 1000rr rider look at it and see what the best option is....I'm open for options!

I thought about this, but the only problem is if they are too much farther in front of the current ones, backing up and turning might be a problem with the bracket hitting the rear bumper of my car.... I'll have 1000rr rider look at it and see what the best option is....I'm open for options!

That's why I thought adding in another front stop that's removable (that way it can still haul longer bikes easily) maybe combined with additional tie-downs. My opinion is to make the loading positions as flexible as possible, possibly helping resale values if you decide to sell it down the road sometime.

That's why I thought adding in another front stop that's removable (that way it can still haul longer bikes easily) maybe combined with additional tie-downs. My opinion is to make the loading positions as flexible as possible, possibly helping resale values if you decide to sell it down the road sometime.

Agreed!