Good deal or stolen?

ShawnR

------------------------------------

http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/1477281139.html

2001 yamaha 426 4 stroke - $800 (columbus)

i got a new piston done by mj usa shop and i when to national trail and i dont know what happen it was running and then shut of it self i cant make run any more so i dont have the money or time to fixe so has to go no title only bill of sale i got recives for new parts wich is new rear tire inner tube link bushings handle bars spark plugs and rear wheel my lose is your gane any question call 614 989 9715 thanks

-------------------------------------

If this is legit, it could be a great deal even if you just part it out. Is he really a moron, or just acting like one to get rid of the bike?

Thoughts?

Edited by ShawnR

National Trail? Was he drag racing the thing?

im guessing hes a foreign guy and maybe meant a national park, as in a trail at a national park, most likely had the bike at wayne beating on it, and it locked up because a certain shop worked on it

i wouldnt really buy it to part it out...but if you bought it with plans to build the engine for it and make it run, it may not be a bad deal....never been too much of a fan of bigger dirt bikes though, 250 4stroke is the perfect size bike for offroad

I can't tell if he is actually stupid, or just playing stupid.

If I call him to ask for the VIN, I think I can assume the response will be "What's a vin?"

I have an older 250 that is fine for trail riding, but won't cut it if I want to go to Somerset to climb some hills. This would be a fine upgrade if it isn't a major fix.

Anybody care to elaborate on the MJ USA comments? Never dealt with them.

it might be worth it if you want to sink money into it, they are great bikes if you take care of them, as in keep the valves adjusted. i have one and its great, lots of power and speed. its just a little on the heavy side compared to the new 450's.