Too fat to Graduate?

CMRemaly

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been a policy of that college since 2005. If you decide to attend this college, you should know that if you are fat, you have to take A phys. Ed. class. They are making their overweight students take a class to learn how to be responsible for their health. Whats the big deal?

They should also make all the blacks take a line dancing, country music class.

Make all the whites take a black history class.

All the women need to take auto mechanics.

And all the men need to take a knitting class.

They should also make all the blacks take a line dancing, country music class.

Make all the whites take a black history class.

All the women need to take auto mechanics.

And all the men need to take a knitting class.

and all the Asians need to take driving classes

I serve in the Army for people to have the right to be as fat as they want, not for someone to tell them how they should be. Pure bull shit if you ask me. Make all the smokers take a quitting class too? And all the drinkers go to AA? That College = fail!

Wait till they pass this for Ohio public schools for K-12, I think it's great as we are raising a nation of pussies of where you can't even call fat people fat.

Alarmed at childhood obesity rates, Ohio lawmakers are considering legislation to require the state Board of Education to adopt physical education standards for kindergartners through high school seniors. Ohio is one of five states in the nation without such standards.

They aren't FORCING anyone to get skinny. They're taking a phys ed class that teaches them how they CAN be healthy, not a class that forces them to be healthy. This is a -university-, not a grade school or high school. Nobody is forced to go there. If you don't want to take this class, pick another college.

Besides, it's a goddamn gym class. It's an easy A, no matter how grotesquely overweight you and your cheeto-stained fingers are.

:lol:

Knowing the requirement ahead of time and complaining about it now makes you a douchebag. My only issue is that they're using BMI (which is horribly inaccurate as a gauge of health)...

Agreed, knowing and going, then whining is stupid. However the whole BMI thing to begin with is retarded. Who gives a shit how fat Billy Bob looks in his XXXXL gown. If he wants to eat and be fat that is up to him and not the college. Just like a smoker, if they want to smoke that is their choice and the college is not sending smokers to a class on that.

maybe they should give everyone a drug test and send the ones who dont pass to a DARE class ... :lol: sign me up !

I just think its ridiculous this is the one thing they choose to address .... "kids in need of this intervention" .... "teachers have a responsibility to maximize the students' abilities" , wait wait wait .... being fat renders your abilities to do well in school? I guess if you are too fat to sit in the seat its kinda hard to go to class but other than that I don't see the problem

Edited by CMRemaly

Actually they are a private school that is still state funded, they are called a "state-related school". And if a company refuses to hire someone because they are too fat they will get sued for discrimination..... or exclusion or whatever you want to call it. If I got fired from my job because they asked me to lose weight and I said no ... do you really think they would get away with it? I'm not saying things should be this way, but they are.

Edited by CMRemaly

Actually they are a private school that is still state funded, they are called a "state-related school". And if a company refuses to hire someone because they are too fat they will get sued for discrimination..... or exclusion or whatever you want to call it. If I got fired from my job because they asked me to lose weight and I said no ... do you really think they would get away with it? I'm not saying things should be this way, but they are.

Yeah actually they can fire you for being too fat, or too short, or not liking the color of your nail polish,. Fat isn't a protected class, nor should it be.

So what just race and sex then? What about people with disabilities, people who get diagnosed with cancer and then get fired when their bosses find out. Or women who get pregnant then get fired so that the company doesn't have to deal with maternity leaves?