Too fat to Graduate?

CMRemaly

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They should be able to make those kinds of calls all day long. Welcome to America.

I agree with Justin's comment, but I'll also add (like I have a million times) that it is accurate in terms of larger groupings. BMI was never meant to be an individual indicator of health it was designed as a measure of a population (statistics).

That list is too long' date=' in my opinion. [/quote']

I agree. I can only imagine the crap filled debate over that list we could have here.

Welcome to The United States of America. You don't have the right to not be offended.

+1

:lol: Oh, shit. I hope she don't get caught trying to steal MJ's thunder.

This can only be settled by a wrestling match of some sort...

This can only be settled by a wrestling match of some sort...

Or you all could just wrestle each other and release all that built up sexual tension that you seem to be harboring....

Back on topic though, it is kinda weird that they are only targeting overweight people though.

Kind of related, the company I used to work for (before they moved everything to Mexico, thanks Bush1, and CLinton for NAFTA) had a policy that they only hired non-smokers. They didn't test for it, but had the right to fire someone if they later found out that they smoke. People that were employed before this policy were grandfathered, of course. It wasn't a problem for me, since I didn't smoke, and I'm going to guess that it helped with insurance costs not being passed on to me. They later removed this policy, after a couple insurance company changes, and it's amazing how many people just started smoking! :lol:

Kind of related, the company I used to work for (before they moved everything to Mexico, thanks Bush1, and CLinton for NAFTA) had a policy that they only hired non-smokers. They didn't test for it, but had the right to fire someone if they later found out that they smoke. People that were employed before this policy were grandfathered, of course. It wasn't a problem for me, since I didn't smoke, and I'm going to guess that it helped with insurance costs not being passed on to me. They later removed this policy, after a couple insurance company changes, and it's amazing how many people just started smoking! :lol:

Thats fuckin commie bullshit. I dont smoke either, but I hate seeing peoples right to do as they choose being whittled away.

My GF is a surgical nurse at a large hospital in the Cleveland area. They just instituted a policy where:

1. You get a physical

2. Your overall health/insurability is 'scored'

3. Your cost of healthcare is then based on your score.

I can see both sides of the issue.

Wait, so the government should force the companies to have to hire people they don't want? I'm confused...

No smartass, they shouldnt be able to fire somebody for what they legally do on their own time. You want to make your property no smoking, fine. Fire somebody BECAUSE they are a smoker, fucking nonsense.

If you'd like the gubment to tell you how to live your live, you should move to mother Russia, Comrade.

No smartass, they shouldnt be able to fire somebody for what they legally do on their own time. You want to make your property no smoking, fine. Fire somebody BECAUSE they are a smoker, fucking nonsense.

If you'd like the gubment to tell you how to live your live, you should move to mother Russia, Comrade.

Sounds like that's what you are suggesting comrade. First, if I have a company I should be able to hire or fire you for just about ANY reason I want whether or not it'son you're own time. It's my business...

Second, if a company pays a good chunk of your health insurance doing something that affects your health whether or not on you're own time certainly affects their bottom line.

Sounds like that's what you are suggesting comrade. First, if I have a company I should be able to hire or fire you for just about ANY reason I want whether or not it'son you're own time. It's my business...

Second, if a company pays a good chunk of your health insurance doing something that affects your health whether or not on you're own time certainly affects their bottom line.

I agree with this.

Sounds like that's what you are suggesting comrade. First, if I have a company I should be able to hire or fire you for just about ANY reason I want whether or not it'son youare own time. It's my business...

Exactly how is what I do LEGALLY on my own time your business? Thats ridiculous.

Just another freedom taken away.........

Chip away hippies, chip away.

Exactly how is what I do LEGALLY on my own time your business? Thats ridiculous.

Never took you for the more government regulation type. Personally I'm against the government telling me who I can hire and fire.

Never took you for the more government regulation type. Personally I'm against the government telling me who I can hire and fire.

Yer funny. I see what you did there trying to turn the tables and such.

Im not for more govt. regs. bubby, I'm for the rights of free men to live as they see fit. I will never let a business tell me how to live my life. Thats why I choose to be self-employed.

Yer funny. I see what you did there trying to turn the tables and such.

Im not for more govt. regs. bubby, I'm for the rights of free men to live as they see fit. I will never let a business tell me how to live my life. Thats why I choose to be self-employed.

I didn't turn the tables at all. You said, "...they shouldnt be able to fire somebody for what they legally do on their own time."

Your words, not mine...

Nope, it's not a freedom taken away. You still have the freedom to find employment elsewhere. It's not like they were the only company in the area that was hiring, and while they were at one time, they weren't the highest paying, either.

I personally know several people that worked there that continued to smoke on their own time. They wouldn't do so around people from work that they didn't KNOW wouldn't rat them out.

How is something that you do on your own time any of the company's business? If it affects them, it becomse their business. You go out drinking the night before work, it affects them because you are probably hungover and not able to perform your duties. I was spared the wrath of the firing hammer for doing so, once. Never did it again, or at least built up my tolerance to where it didn't affect my work performance.

Nope, it's not a freedom taken away. You still have the freedom to find employment elsewhere. It's not like they were the only company in the area that was hiring, and while they were at one time, they weren't the highest paying, either.

I personally know several people that worked there that continued to smoke on their own time. They wouldn't do so around people from work that they didn't KNOW wouldn't rat them out.

Exactly!! Why should a free man have to hide something that he is doing legally? And what is next? We will fire you we catch you eating Mickey D's cuz its bad for your health and since we are paying a small portion of your health insurance it affects out bottom line? We are firing you for drinking a soda, its bad for you and has lots of sugar. WTF?

How is something that you do on your own time any of the company's business? If it affects them, it becomse their business. You go out drinking the night before work, it affects them because you are probably hungover and not able to perform your duties. I was spared the wrath of the firing hammer for doing so, once. Never did it again, or at least built up my tolerance to where it didn't affect my work performance.

If you come to work hungover and it is detrimental to your work performance, then OK, but for smoking on your own time??? Really??

Fuckin sheep.

If you come to work hungover and it is detrimental to your work performance, then OK, but for smoking on your own time??? Really??

Fuckin sheep.

Detrimental to your health insurance costs. Directly affecting the company.

Again, it was only for new hires, they knew the policy going into the job. If you agree to it, abide by, if not, go elswhere seeking employment.