Light for Mossberg 500

yotaman88210

Anyone using a light or light/laser on their mossberg500? This is my home defense weapon... its very dark in my house at night and if/when someone decides to break in, i really wont want to mess with turning a light on. "excuse me sir, will you stand still a second so I can hit the light switch and re aim... thanks!" haha

Anyway, I know the surefire is pretty much the best thing out there

http://www.surefire.com/623FGA-Shotgun-Forend

But good lord that is expensive...

Anyone else using something that works nicely? I would like it to have a button in a convenient location. Thanks assholes! :D

If your going to get a light. I would suggest one with a strobe function. Also, you do realize that when you turn on the light, you automatically give away your position. Being sneaky works for both parties. You know your house better then they do in the dark and your eyes will be somewhat adjusted to it.

Just something to think about.

I got this thing...

http://www.calssportingarmory.com/iTAC_Defense_ITAC_DL1_Tactical_Defense_Light_Laser_p/itactdl1.htm

It's bright as hell and has a strobe and laser but unless you have a rail on your forend I don't know.

I use it as a flashlight around the house. Sits in the bedside table. It's very intimidating when it's on the AR. Your body is lit up, you can't see a thing and there's a red dot on your chest..It's bad...It has strobe but it's so bright you don't even need it.

You could do the whole "duct tape, surefire g2, and a tapeswitch tailcap" solution. It wouldn't be pretty, but it would work. Like flounder said, there are lowlight tactics to consider.

Realistically, something like this

http://www.combathunting.com/MOSSBERG-MOSSBERG_500A_Tactical_Forearm.html

with a pic-rail mount for a surefire g2 and you are in business.

FYI, I borrowed a surefire vert grip/light combo for a class. 2 things happened. 1) Ken Hackathorn made fun of me all weekend long for even having a $500 light 2) guys on either side of me during the night shooting didn't bother using their lights it was so freaking bright.

I dont like lights on home weapons for the reason said earlier , it gives the other guy somthing to aim at if you must have somthing get a laser but do you really need somthing on a 12ga ? its a point an shoot weapon just gotta be in the right vicinity the buckshot will take care of the rest

I dont like lights on home weapons for the reason said earlier , it gives the other guy somthing to aim at if you must have somthing get a laser but do you really need somthing on a 12ga ? its a point an shoot weapon just gotta be in the right vicinity the buckshot will take care of the rest

^ true. Its called a scatter gun for a reason.

I thought about this before. I'd rather click it on, identify the threat and blam in 1 second. Click, click bam or click, why didn't you knock first. My use would be more for Coyotes, coons or stray dogs messing around at night anyway. or Zombies

El Cheapo clamp - $8.95 plus flashlight.

Lots of places have these simple clamps for stuff.

I get LED flashlights that have a laser in them also.

Found the flashlights at ACE Hardware for about 10 bucks.

(It's a really freakin' nice laser!)

I wouldn't turn it on unless I already had the target located.

Meaning they already know where I am also.

The light or laser helps intimidate.

24384762.jpg

Edited by ReconRat

24384762.jpg

Thats perfect for yota and right in his price range.

24384762.jpg

That's cool and simple.