Garmin vs. TomTom--Questions/Comparisons

Fonzie

What's the Zumo do that others don't? huge price difference? I like the screen saver.

dust proof water proof shock proof.....meant for bikes bluetooth wireless gps instructions handsfree phone call through my scala rider q2 and my lg dare instantly connects via bluetooth and adds contact list right in.....someone calls ringing in my helmet look down see who it is and talkn hands free at 80MPH!!!!!!.....clear as can be no wind noise at all on the other end!!!!! kinda wierd talkn in normal tone of voice at 80 with all the wind noise.....the other end cannot even tell u on a bike until u rip the throttle then they hear a 2007 cbr1000rr in my case ;)....gas guage is priceless enter in miles per tank and it simulates a fuel tank on the speed screen.......omfg i will rave and rave about this unit until my point is acrossed now ....FUCKING FLAWLESS SETUP!!!!!!!! 650 bucks well well well spent!!!!!!!!!!!! desensitized screen for use of gloves oh fuck it im copying and pasting THIS IS TOP OF THE LINE MOTORCYCLE GPS END OF THREAD!!!!!!!! http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Zumo-3-5-Inch-Portable-Navigator/dp/B000H2W4E6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1259633169&sr=8-1

Edited by crf69

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cardo scala rider q2 with high quality radio fm and mp3 plugin oh yeah

Sam & I've been eyein' those for awhile

There's a new one now though, didn't I just read? G4 or somethin'??

$650 for Zumo is INSANE!!! :eek: The chick in your pic better cum with it for that price

Sam & I've been eyein' those for awhile

There's a new one now though, didn't I just read? G4 or somethin'??

$650 for Zumo is INSANE!!! :eek: The chick in your pic better cum with it for that price

650?....oh you quickly get over the price:)

Next question.... Do you leave yours mounted up on your windshield all the time, or take 'em down in extreme hot/cold every time you get out?

I'll be also removing mine for weather and theft reasons

again.....garmin zumo 550 for the absolute fucking win

Yeah, I've got a Zumo 550 with the XM radio antenna. It's been with me for over 50k miles in every type of weather and it still rocks. I have a Touratech cradle lock and a lockable RAM mount to keep it on the bike (http://www.touratech-usa.com/shop/show.lasso?sku=065-0141). Works wonderfully and it really deters any attempt at stealing it. I will agree that it is annoying and a bit pricey to update it but I just decided I'll do it every two years instead of one; does the world really change that quickly, anyway?

For non-motorcycle purposes, the Magellan GPS devices are great and if you can get one on sale, even better. (I think there was a refurbed Magellan on sale at Micro Center for $50 bucks or something like that.) My brother had a Tom Tom and it actually died on him. I haven't tried a Tom Tom myself so I couldn't tell you much.

Extra note: I just pulled my Zumo off my bike after it was sitting outside in 15 degree weather (bike's not garaged because I just came back from Illinois yesterday). Started right up. Definitely Zumo FTW.

Edited by the_silverfox

Yeah, I've got a Zumo 550 with the XM radio antenna. It's been with me for over 50k miles in every type of weather and it still rocks. I have a Touratech cradle lock and a lockable RAM mount to keep it on the bike (http://www.touratech-usa.com/shop/show.lasso?sku=065-0141). Works wonderfully and it really deters any attempt at stealing it. I will agree that it is annoying and a bit pricey to update it but I just decided I'll do it every two years instead of one; does the world really change that quickly, anyway?

For non-motorcycle purposes, the Magellan GPS devices are great and if you can get one on sale, even better. (I think there was a refurbed Magellan on sale at Micro Center for $50 bucks or something like that.) My brother had a Tom Tom and it actually died on him. I haven't tried a Tom Tom myself so I couldn't tell you much.

Extra note: I just pulled my Zumo off my bike after it was sitting outside in 15 degree weather (bike's not garaged because I just came back from Illinois yesterday). Started right up. Definitely Zumo FTW.

finally...someone who has the best mc gps on the planet also ;) hey yours ever show ambient temperature for like a second when you first connect it to your bike?

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so i got a Nuvi 205 for christmas. If i was to return it which would be a good choice without going overboard. I'd like a portable, waterproof unit wit Topographical maps for trails, parks et cetera, mount it on the bike, and take it jet skiing. More like a mountable but also handheld type unit.

Ok so i got a Nuvi 205 for christmas. If i was to return it which would be a good choice without going overboard. I'd like a portable, waterproof unit wit Topographical maps for trails, parks et cetera, mount it on the bike, and take it jet skiing. More like a mountable but also handheld type unit.

Gump is money

I cut 20 minutes off my time from my house to my parents with it. I have no idea where I was half of the time, it was dark, but it worked. I can't tell for sure but I think it only holds one waypoint between a destination. I wish it had a belt clip and was water proof.