anyone shoot black powder/muzzleloaders?

smashweights

I have a number of muzzle loaders.

58 cal zouave smooth bore, Not flint

45 cal kentucky CVA

50 cal Hawken CVA

As suggested the new inline muzzle loaders are nice. No wet caps and almost cartridge level reliability. Some of the in line muzzle loaders with the new bullet combo's are more accurate and harder hitting than most shot guns.

Now ask me if it is in the spirit of muzzle loader hunting. of course electronic vs. caps vs flintlock vs matchlock

well i'm looking at getting an in-line with a scope and shooting 300gr hollowpoint sabots. and yeah, i can imagine those hit harder than some shotguns. we were shooting wad and balls (i think like 175gr) at the range with 100-grains of pyrodex and that packed a good punch. the newer #209 primed guns handle up to 150-grains of powder, i wouldnt wanna get hit with one, lol.

Anything more than 100 grains of powder is just getting blown out the end of the barrel.

supposedly the longer barrels 26"+ allow for the extra to combust. i've been looking at the White Hots, which a pair supposedly gets the muzzle velocity of 3 pyrodex pellets.

supposedly the longer barrels 26"+ allow for the extra to combust. i've been looking at the White Hots, which a pair supposedly gets the muzzle velocity of 3 pyrodex pellets.

What's all that extra powder really gonna do for you? How far are you planning on shooting? I shoot 90 grains, iron sights and can hit bulls eye at 100 yards. At 200 yards I can hit a tight "kill shot" group.

think i found one i'm in love with:

TC8527.jpg

Thompson/Center Triumph Bone Collector edition.

recoil absorbing stock, short/light trigger pull, lightweight, very well balanced, shoulders very well. more than i wanted to spend... but that's never stopped me before! lol.