i've come across a large gun collection, most of which will be sold

natedogg624

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea...I dunno how else you'd be able to run a silent auction on here.

Just an idea - you might make out better and no bitching between members. Top bid is top bid, no $324... no $325, $326, 326.50...

But then the seller has to keep going back and saying no your not top bidder. If I bid 50 bucks and dont know 75 was current, i may be willing to go 100 but if i dont know, im not gonna bid. you just open the thread to bids ONLY. If you type in anything else but a bid, you lose your right to bid in that sale. First post should be the iten and rules. Nothing other than a bid, incriments of 5 dollars, or whatever. And plus PM could get VERY confusing. On a thread when it shuts down, last post with highest bid wins.

But then the seller has to keep going back and saying no your not top bidder.

You know how a silent auction works right? There is no, "Well, if I knew 'x' bid $50, I would've bid $55"

You put your bottom dollar of what you're willing to pay as a buyer and that's it. If you wanted it at $55, you PM him $55... if it's worth $60 to someone else, then thats the top bid. It saves the seller hassle, and we won't get into pissing matches on the forum. All you need to know if you don't win, is that the gun was worth more to someone else than you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auction_theory#Types_of_auction

Per the link I'm suggesting a "First-price sealed bid Auction"

Edited by JRMMiii

You know how a silent auction works right? There is no, "Well, if I knew 'x' bid $50, I would've bid $55"

You put your bottom dollar of what you're willing to pay as a buyer and that's it. If you wanted it at $55, you PM him $55... if it's worth $60 to someone else, then thats the top bid. It saves the seller hassle, and we won't get into pissing matches on the forum. All you need to know if you don't win, is that the gun was worth more to someone else than you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auction_theory#Types_of_auction

Per the link I'm suggesting a "First-price sealed bid Auction"

Okay, I see what your saying, I don't do silent auctions, only live ones. But again, if I said 55, some one else said 60, I may be willing to go 65 but since I dont know I cant bid that. If you do a live auction, or whatever they are called, you do get into bidding wars which usually ups the final bid. Being able to see what some elese has bid allow you to up the bid. I don't know, silent auctions just sound like crap to me.

An open bidding process would benefit the seller.

Post it, pic and description, delivery options, ending day and time and bidding is $20 increments only. no talking and crap. Pm him for gun details. That'd be my suggestion.

An open bidding process would benefit the seller.

Post it, pic and description, delivery options, ending day and time and bidding is $20 increments only. no talking and crap. Pm him for gun details. That'd be my suggestion.

My thoughts exactly.

when are we gonna see this list?

most likely mid december when i go up to get the guns. still need to work out some details as to get these guns into my name, my gma is the executor right now shouldn't be hard at all.

im going to first make sure they all have paperwork or at least verified by serial to make sure everything is legit.

most likely mid december when i go up to get the guns. still need to work out some details as to get these guns into my name, my gma is the executor right now shouldn't be hard at all.

im going to first make sure they all have paperwork or at least verified by serial to make sure everything is legit.

is it diff in MI? when my grandfather died, my grandma gave away his guns(to family), no paper work or anything.