Mad Kaw Build....

NeverEnough

Needs a turbo :D. Lovin the skull idea!

Lol, i actually thought about it....there are a couple turbos laying around in the garage.... but motor work is the last thing on the list, first is handling, weight cutting, and cosmetics.

you gotta do HID lights. those projectors seem perfect size for the ideas you've been sharing
Yeah I prolly will end up using some HIDs....still not positive about what I want for lights up front, I think I need what will be the new tank and tail on the bike to be able to look at it and see what I would look good for a headlight assembly
all that an u left the chain on?

LMAO! All that work, and all you have to comment on is the dirty greasy old chain? LOL!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didnt want u to start slacking just cuz u made some progress

haha, no slacking here when you sit on your futon in the living room and stare directly at a motorcycle all in pieces! hahaha Thanks for lookin out for me though;)

Good find on the clay. Only good prices I can find around here are 5lbs for $6. Looken good so far, dude. Making more progress than I am so far.
Yeah no kidding me man, I'm SO HAPPY about that steal.... The cheapest I can find it for is 1dollar a LB., I don't think they realized how big of a steal they gave me! It made my day!
this project makes me sad to see my old kawi sitting in the kitchen collecting dust. wish i was as handy with a bike as you sir
Awww man, kwaks aren't supposed to be sitting collecting dust man :rulez: Take care of that PLEASE!!!:mad:
Either your single or your girl doesnt live with you. I dont think there are to many chicks out there that would allow that to go on in the house. I know mine would'nt. Other than that looks good!

hahahahaha! Yeah no girlfriend here, but honestly, the girls that I have had come over find it kinda cool that it is in the living room...IDK maybe its so manly to have a motorcycle in the living room that is actually a bit of a turn on? hahaha!

haha, no slacking here when you sit on your futon in the living room and stare directly at a motorcycle all in pieces! hahaha Thanks for lookin out for me though;)

Yeah no kidding me man, I'm SO HAPPY about that steal.... The cheapest I can find it for is 1dollar a LB., I don't think they realized how big of a steal they gave me! It made my day!

Awww man, kwaks aren't supposed to be sitting collecting dust man :rulez: Take care of that PLEASE!!!:mad:

hahahahaha! Yeah no girlfriend here, but honestly, the girls that I have had come over find it kinda cool that it is in the living room...IDK maybe its so manly to have a motorcycle in the living room that is actually a bit of a turn on? hahaha!

I don't know about the livingroom... but I'd say the kitchen is ok... I dont really use the kitchen anyway. lol. OR, that's a good reason to get a second bedroom. :)

haha, well I live in an apartment... a pretty good sized place for an apartment actually- 2,000sq.ft.. And I actually cook quite often, so no motorcycle in the kitchen :p...in the living room is perfect for me, cause I also still have a very large dining room for a "hang out place". (my dining room is actually bigger than my living room) The motorcycle, and tools and parts only take up half of my living room, I still have a futon, a table, end tables, and lazy boy chair fitting in here...

All in all, it is heaven for me! haha

:metal::DProgress pics.....:D:metal:

I am polishing most all of the aluminum pieces on my bike...

(note the current state of the parts aren't POLISHED but rather just at like 300grit sandpaper right now...)

64774b20f2f832607.jpg

Oil drain plug/filter holder thingy....

64774b20f3274d1b7.jpg

64774b20f381a6ee4.jpg

So I only polished the outer circle part of the clutch cover, I don't really care for it, it looked better when I did it on one of my ATVs, I am gonna go ahead and polish the entire cover and that should give me the look I'm wanting, I think it will look sweet, along with some different covered bolts to offset it all and make it look PIMPIN!

Also, I will be having a polished aluminum stator cover where there is now a black plastic cover...

64774b20f436a9127.jpg

Then also did the chain cover.... Eghhh yuck! that whole engine/engine bay is so filthy, I can't wait to get it outta the frame and clean it and paint it all!

64774b20f456edb3b.jpg

I need to shave down the inside of the frame where that lil circle is right there 1/16" on each side, and then I can fit in the swingarm... SCORE!!!

64774b20f47c6b898.jpg

It took a little metal bending, heavy filing, and drilling....

But I got this MOFO to bolt right up perfectly!

REAR SHOCK LINKAGE FTMFW!!!

I just need to go buy some Grade 8 bolts instead of allen keys hahaha....

Oh and also need "fab" up a lil spacer/roller thingy for inside the swingarm...

But basically it is done! (as far as fitment) I just took my time at it, and it came out so perfectly! I was SOOOO happy, I still am!

Although in the process I did dirty up a couple of my clean parts, but that's all ok, I have lots more work to do and so stuff will get dirty before I can give everything everything a REAL clean...

64774b20f532dda6a.jpg

And here is an ending picture for this post....I did some more work to the tank (rounded it out a bit, but still need give the slope a lil bit of a steeper angle, and sand it out smooth) And here you can also see the "bobbed" seat, and also part of the subframe is cut... eh yeah, just look at the picture dahmit! hahaha :popcorn:64774b20f6b675b7f.jpg

Oh yeah, for sure man.... I just am not ready yet to really get into the polishing business end on this bike yet, as I still have plenty of fabbing to do yet, and I actually don't know if I want all these pieces polished..... I am really just stripping the paint off certain pieces, to give me and idea of whether or not I want it polished or painted. If I want the piece painted, all I have to do is spray it, if i want it polished, all I have to do is some polishing work.

LMAO! I just saw that I put "that's so far what I did with my saturday" in my previous post.... I had a one day weekend, cause I worked on saturday. I thought for about that whole Sunday that it was Saturday:nono::(:nono:

The rest of my work for that day....

Cleaned up the motor, dremel-ed the ridges of the plastic side cases to near perfection, and painted them- even though I plan on replacing them both with aluminum covers:wtf: and then did a little painting to some other pieces, cleaned up and plastic painted the airbox-not sure if I am keeping it:wtf:

Here are the pics I took

(I take pics when I'm about halfway done so you can see the before and after side by side)

64774b2634f7011dc.jpg

Motor mounts...

sany0727ss.jpg w653.png

About 80% of the motor cleaned up here- I will be painting it

sany0731ss.jpg w653.png