Phone data usage, who can beat me?

V4junkie

Paying my Verizon bill for the month and thought the data usage was pretty astounding. This month I've used 7,925,983.72 kb. So for all of you with smartphones check your current bill or the last bill and let me know how much data you used in a single month. Winner gets an e-cookie.

:fruit:

Edited by V4junkie

2.5GB - nearly all of which is remoting in through a TS session (TS Mobiles FTW) via my BES server, to take care of server stuff without having to VPN in from the lapper. Easy to do at Thursday night dart league...

No pr0n on the Crackberry - going through Corporate proxy, plus the screen's too small (justa guess, of course....:D)

Not nearly the consumer of bandwidth as the OP. However, router logs at home show a boatload of traffic both down and up. Insight doesn't seem to care. We're talking over 130GB/month.... Little Bubba 2 server handles it no problemo...

Funny, on VZW I thought they capped it at 5GB per month.....at least that's what I was told by the CSR.

Ha, never heard about that. . . I hope they don't!

Edit: Just did some quick Googling, the 5gb cap currently only applies to tethering. Data to your device only is unlimited, seems they had a court case over it at some point. Can't call it unlimited if they cap it.

Edited by V4junkie

Ha, never heard about that. . . I hope they don't!

Edit: Just did some quick Googling, the 5gb cap currently only applies to tethering. Data to your device only is unlimited, seems they had a court case over it at some point. Can't call it unlimited if they cap it.

Hmm....Interesting... Maybe they just start throttling people back if they're placing undue burden on the network? I think Comcast does this, and Time Warner was talking about it, never heard anyting more about TW, and I haven't noticed it happening....

Something running at almost all times while I'm at work, Pandora or Youtube. Then some browsing and downloading of apps, but surprisingly it pretty much just sits once I get home.

Edit: just went back and looked at some of the breakdowns, apparently I've had quite a few 500k kb days. Now here's the question, how much would VZW charge per kb if I didn't have a data plan (I know it's not optional, just hypothetically)? That would be an amazing bill!

Edited by V4junkie

• 1 month later...