Health Ins. hike!

20thGix

So' date=' because you think it's a scam I shouldn't be allowed to use it? How very democrat of you. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't call me or Justin "rich", so how come it works for us?[/quote']

it says rich or healthy, so I guess it could reward you for living a healthier lifestyle.

It's not like people cause 90% of their ailments with poor lifestyle choices.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

better? btw, it's the mayoclinics website...you've heard of the mayo clinic right?

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/health-savings-accounts/GA00053

Yea... that's a much better link. Read it, then make your choice. What's so hard? There's pro/cons to owning a motorcycle, but I'm not bitching that motorcycles are a scam that favor people with coordination and balance.

better? btw, it's the mayoclinics website...you've heard of the mayo clinic right?

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/health-savings-accounts/GA00053

NO! I demand a source that is not from someone who has something to gain!

kidding.

Listen, bottom line, as with EVERYTHING there's arguments on both sides and noone is "right". It's not right for you, fine, it's not right for me either.... that's why I have an FSA

Edited by Likwid

if your spouse works and there company offers insurance they MUST use their employers insurance.

Everyone should look forward to this one...Its the newest Insurance Fad to hit the market.

Also...I love how every year our Insurance goes up like 30%+.

I mean...C'mon...Seriously....SOmeone needs to get ahold of these private Insurance companies and bring them back down to a fair playing field.

Everyone should look forward to this one...Its the newest Insurance Fad to hit the market.

Also...I love how every year our Insurance goes up like 30%+.

I mean...C'mon...Seriously....SOmeone needs to get ahold of these private Insurance companies and bring them back down to a fair playing field.

Then either your employer is cheap and passes the rates fully on the employee, they are lazy and don't use a competitive strategy to keep costs down or the most common one would be in the employee demographic there are some serious illnesses that the underwriters take into account to screw you with high rates

You could have a HSA/HDHP pretty much under wraps in less than a year with that kind of money. How often do you use your insurance?

So are you saying health insurance is actually pretty affordable and if people could read then and think for themselves then Barack would not have to come to the rescue?

Maybe instead of spending $1,000,000,000,000 we could solve this problem with just making an insurance advisor available to people with low IQ's

So are you saying health insurance is actually pretty affordable and if people could read then and think for themselves then Barack would not have to come to the rescue?

Maybe instead of spending $1,000,000,000,000 we could solve this problem with just making an insurance advisor available to people with low IQ's

BINGO! I had zero clue how health care worked and it only took 2 one hour meetings with our Broker for work to get the gist of things. Enough to at least figure out how to make it work better for me

<sigh> If it were only that easy. ;)

Who's going to subsidize all the other stuff we have to do for people with low IQs? I suppose we'll always have ORDN. I nominate shittygsxr for the czar of 'free advice for poor stupid people' on here.

Who's going to subsidize all the other stuff we have to do for people with low IQs? I suppose we'll always have ORDN. I nominate shittygsxr for the czar of 'free advice for poor stupid people' on here.

But thats the thing....if people would just take an extra hour with their agent or a broker, the information can be had for free

Not really. The information is already paid for through the policy. They just never took advantage of it. Another fine example of Americans not using their dollars wisely.

I suppose this is also true. I said virtually free because we have given 0 dollars to this new broker trying to get our business and I have learned a fair amount from him in 2 hour long meetings of all the pros/cons of the plans we have been looking at or plans we should consider as well

<sigh> If it were only that easy. ;)

well we need to get a panel formed and start a thread ASAP.