• No way its "church"
    • ur freeking going to hell for saying this
    • I dont even care.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

those huge buildings are used to fit more people, provide more childcare, afterschool activities, host food drives, have marriages, offer counseling, etc. they get bigger for the same reason anyone builds a bigger building - to support their operations better.

if people choose to give that much, then so be it. they use it for good causes, not to line their pockets (im sure there are exceptions but there are exceptions to everything). are they supposed to turn down donations?

Edited by justin0469

those huge buildings are used to fit more people, provide more childcare, afterschool activities, host food drives, have marriages, offer counseling, etc

but they have their beliefs everywhere in yo face lol. It should be like any other normal house or bldg with flower pics and such. They are using the bldg to bring in new members.

but they have their beliefs everywhere in yo face lol. It should be like any other normal house or bldg with flower pics and such. They are using the bldg to bring in new members.

no one is forcing anyone to use their services. people use their services, and in turn are willing to donate. apparently enough people like, or at least dont mind, things like that "in their face". why should they be punished by making an exception to a tax exemption available to all nonprofit organizations? because they are successful?

i say tax ANY money the church collects from donations. They would find some loop hole anyway,but tax all the money they bring in then they can do anything with the money they have left. Start non profit org with the money. There is no easy way to do this and it will never happen probably.

no one is forcing anyone to use their services. people use their services, and in turn are willing to donate. apparently enough people like, or at least dont mind, things like that "in their face". why should they be punished by making an exception to a tax exemption available to all nonprofit organizations? because they are successful?

If you are non proffit and succesfull there is deff something up...

Just like you said.

You set it up where you can donate to "food", "Shelter", "Day care", "After school activities", etc. and lastly "Spiritual Guidance / Biblical Education"

Charity is all the aforementioned (assuming the day care and after school programs are non-profit)

Selfish concern for your immortal soul falls into the latter and should be taxed. :D

those huge buildings are used to fit more people, provide more childcare, afterschool activities, host food drives, have marriages, offer counseling, etc. they get bigger for the same reason anyone builds a bigger building - to support their operations better.

Some of those childcares charge even during services and same thing for their after school activities, which are for the benefit of the membership not the community. It could also be seen as a recruiting tool.

Food drives, as said already, create a charity for it.

Marriages have nothing to do with it and neither does counseling unless that counseling is as a charitable org, then see above.

if people choose to give that much, then so be it. they use it for good causes, not to line their pockets (im sure there are exceptions but there are exceptions to everything). are they supposed to turn down donations?

If it's going to a good cause, once again, see above...form a charitable org. If it's not lining someone's pockets just make sure every penny is accounted for and itemized to the IRS. Pretty easy to hide when you take in so much in cash donations though.

You remind me of my sister-in-law who's always telling me the Christians are oppressing her. She's had two abortions' date=' completely government funded, and lives with her husband, 3 year old daughter and their slobbering bull dog in Cuyahoga Falls. She has a college education and is a medic. Her husband is a chemical engineer and makes some serious bank.

Now, how exactly are YOU oppressed by the church, Gixxie?[/quote']

I'm not oppressed by churc other than they are buildng these crazy huge churches just because they can. I feel like its a slap in my face with them getting the all the tax breaks. If i didnt have to pay taxes i could build some cool things for people to come enjoy also. I could build a track for everyone to run for free on and save more lifes than any church has ever "saved"

I guess I'm an impartial witness for the defense in this debate. I find absolutely nothing immoral with hiding money from the IRS. The IRS is the oppressor.. not the church.

I totally agree to this statement. I bet the IRS would love to get their grubby little hands on the churches lol

I'm sure there's alot of people that think it would be ridiculous for a gigantic nonprofit motorcycle shop to be built. but if it came about because people donated alot of money to it, it's worth it to someone and they donated the money to make it happen and that's the way it is. apparently there's enough people that want it there.

Along the same lines, sort of:

http://www.bikersforchrist.org/

I guess I'm an impartial witness for the defense in this debate. I find absolutely nothing immoral with hiding money from the IRS. The IRS is the oppressor.. not the church.

"When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.” ~ Sinclair Lewis

“Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it' date=' you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion.” ~ Stephen Wienberg

“Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is.” ~ Ghandi

“All religions are founded on the fear of the many and the cleverness of the few.” ~Stendhal

[b']God’s beliefs mirror our own

http://futurity.org/society-culture/gods-beliefs-mirror-our-own/

The final study involved functional magnetic resonance imaging to measure the neural activity of test subjects as they reasoned about their own beliefs versus those of God or another person. The data demonstrated that reasoning about God’s beliefs activated many of the same regions that become active when people reasoned about their own beliefs.

The researchers note that people often set their moral compasses according to what they presume to be God’s standards. “The central feature of a compass, however, is that it points north no matter what direction a person is facing,” they conclude. “This research suggests that, unlike an actual compass, inferences about God’s beliefs may instead point people further in whatever direction they are already facing.”

But the research in no way denies the possibility that God’s presumed beliefs also may provide guidance in situations where people are uncertain of their own beliefs, the coauthors note.

I'm not oppressed by churc other than they are buildng these crazy huge churches just because they can. I feel like its a slap in my face with them getting the all the tax breaks. If i didnt have to pay taxes i could build some cool things for people to come enjoy also. I could build a track for everyone to run for free on and save more lifes than any church has ever "saved"

??? not to offend you buddy, but it would take more than just your tax $'s to pay for something like that....

GET THE TORCHES!!!!

lol, I think there are WAY too many denominations and churches.... so many places it's a 4 corner street and there is 4 churches.... retarded

so let me get this straight, you hate the "mega church" and all the little churches.... so whats your solution?

Yeah' date=' but some lives are easier than others? Eh, Comrade?[/quote']

This is the first and only time I'm going to agree with IP.... evar.

He has a good point. Walton Market sized Church or not...

It's not the church's fault so many sheep tithe their earnings to fund the organization.

Yeah income tax is immoral. so is property tax. so is poll tax....

Less gov't, more private enterprise.

I dunno... applied today I can see how religion and feverish nationalism = facism, according to what you posted. A lot of those ideologies are prevalent in the more extreme side of the neocon platform, presently.

And you're right about the religion vs. faith - they are different, and why the quotations refer to religion and NOT faith. But, faith is often interwoven in with religious practice - so they do influence one another.

No churches. Pray in your living room. And for the Catholics, get a rent-a-priest portable confession booth.

funny you should say that, we actually have a church meeting in our living room... and a church has never been considered a building or a place to meet, a church has always been based on a group of people.

and i do love the portable confession booth idea!