exhaust input

Drag2Death247

i want to know people opinion on me running this exhaust on my bike.. im sure it will be loud but i dont want super loud that nobody wants to ride next to me lol it says its baffled so i dont know how loud it would be.. im guessing close to straight pipe sound or the same... opinions?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/yamaha-R1-Exhaust-moto-gp-shorty-02-03-baffled_W0QQitemZ190316550054QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2c4fc017a6

the 2nd video doesnt sound bad.. its not so much the look im after, just a cheaper way for a better sound.. i took 1/2 of my packing out of my FMF muffler and it sounds a lil better now (sounded shitty with all of it out) but im still not happy with the sound..it sounds good, but i just want a nicer and kinda loud tone

This is very similar to that exhaust....

This is at 1100 rpm......couple of quick revs to maybe 3500 rpms.....

It was the LOUDEST exhaust that I have ever ran.....

+ I dyno'd it and I lost HP.....

I would not do it

th_100_7722.jpg

u ricer lol joking here is loud its a 2006 r6 in the other line and mike on my bike but the clutch was fucking up as u can see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSxjYwyINA

Edited by slowbusa

busa sounds nasty! i like it.. and the link that shittygxsr posted.. those sounds pretty good as well i watched those videos they had for it..PERFECt for what i want...

i bought a C/F devel high mount to replace my FMF and put it on and didnt like the sound at all so i put my FMF back on.. still have that Devil if anyone wants it ill sell it for like 75$ canister and pipe

my buddy had a Jardine slip on on his CBR1000 and i loved the way it sounded! i just dont have the funds for nice slip on like that right now.. id love to find a way to make an undertail work on my bike.. or just shorten my FMF canister and used the high mount pipe..im just so picky on what i like that its ridiculous!

but like i said i do like the sound of the one shittygsxr posted the link up of a lot

my buddy had a Jardine slip on on his CBR1000 and i loved the way it sounded! i just dont have the funds for nice slip on like that right now.. id love to find a way to make an undertail work on my bike.. or just shorten my FMF canister and used the high mount pipe..im just so picky on what i like that its ridiculous!

but like i said i do like the sound of the one shittygsxr posted the link up of a lot

I have a Hindle full system on my R1, I think it sounds pretty good.

the 2nd video doesnt sound bad.. its not so much the look im after, just a cheaper way for a better sound.. i took 1/2 of my packing out of my FMF muffler and it sounds a lil better now (sounded shitty with all of it out) but im still not happy with the sound..it sounds good, but i just want a nicer and kinda loud tone

Might I suggest cutting/shortening the muffler.....Works wonders. For sure cheap, and IMO, looks 100x better!:cool:

I had that muffler on my CBR for two days. It was obnoxious. No one would ride behind me, and I lost a considerable amount power just on the seat of the pants dyno.

I went for the MotoGP look once. It felt like I was riding a Harley with all of the power that I lost, and my right ear just about started bleeding inside my helmet after a 5 min jaunt down the highway. Never again.

Does sound cool at idle though. Sounds cammed.

here is my high mount carbon fiber one i bought and didnt like and took back off n put the other one back on... if this one can be shortened it would be AMAZING! id pay someone to shorten it as long a they didnt destroy it tryin to do so..

downsized_0620091326.jpg

id actually rather have my titanium FMF shortened, then the carbon fiber one... id rater remove some packing out of the c/f one i just never did because the canister is riveted.. the FMF had allen head screws so its easy to take apart

Edited by Drag2Death247

I am a fan of a loud exhaust, but that would be a bit ridiculous. If you do get it, you also have to get the spiked windscreen screws like the dude in the first youtube video. Those things make you so fast, its sick.

I agree with some of the other people. Cut down your can. My buddy and I just cut down my titanium Sato exhaust, and it is louder, but has a good note also.

Edited by Goldie

Most of these "gp" style pipes on ebay are actually exhaust tips you could buy at autozone, not meant to "baffle" sound but rather to look good (on a car). Many times using an "exhaust" like this will cost you horsepower because of volumetric loss. Much like too little back pressure, too short of an exhaust is a bad thing as well. My suggestion would be to cut the pipe you have or look for other replacements.

you also have to get the spiked windscreen screws like the dude in the first youtube video. Those things make you so fast, its sick.

..i already have spike windscreen bolts.. not the big fat nasty ones like those were though.. i didnt notice an HP gain from it..must have bought the cheap ones

anyways...

ill probably just shorten the FMF.. Brandt ill get a hold of you sometime and we will see what we can do with it..

Edited by Drag2Death247

guess me and Brandt (oldschoolsdime) are gonna try to shorten my FMF pipe thursday.. ill update if we do it and post pics

it should be pretty easy take your time and the fiberglass packing can be real itchy. If you happen to get it all over your clothes do not throw them in with your girlfriends scrubs