WTB:: xbox 360

Jcroz91

I have one that i guess i need to sell. I just bought a new TV that uses HDMI cables but my console must be an older model because it doesn't have an HDMI port. Soooo, if you're interested it has a 20G hard drive, an AV cable, headset, an extra black faceplate and a wireless controller. How's $160 sound? I also have a Monster HD AV cable I'll throw in for an extra $20 if you want it.

The only problem is i need to figure out how to transfer all the data from the old hard drive to the new one before i sell it, are you wanting this for Christmas?

Dammit, quit low balling me.

I was just throwing this one out there. I figured it wasn't apples to apples so you wouldn't take it as competition. :)

It is what is, $25 for a broken old style xbox with no cables or HDD. It's more like a fun project than a christmas present for someone. In fact I think if you bought the one I have for someone they'd be pissed. On the other hand, if I had kids, giving them a broken xbox and saying you can play it if you can fix it sounds like a fun idea, I'll have to keep that one for one day when I'm a dad.

I did however buy my HDMI working xbox360 with HDD awhile back on ebay for $160. Not sure what they are selling for during the holiday season though. I mostly just use mine to stream netflix but I've been fixin to get that new forza motorsports 3. I always liked forza 2.

The one I fixed was a while back and it was my ex-girlfriends, The xbox and her are both gone and we don't talk anymore. As far as I know it still works though. Least it did when we broke up.

ross go pick this up for me.

you know what error code its showing?

I haven't looked at this in a long time so not sure. I am guessing red ring of death but don't know.

I have a power cable for my working xbox, I suppose we could plug it in and see.

I wrote this response to someone interested in it and wondering how hard they are to fix, thought I'd share it in case any of you had considered fixing one, I put some links in.

I have a working HDMI xbox360. A friend bought t his one broken on ebay awhile ago. It's non-HDMI, no hard drive, no cables no controllers (so you'll have to find a power cable at the very least to troubleshoot). I believe it has the red ring of death. I fixed one a few years back that had this problem. Generally it's an overheating problem caused by poor contact between the heatsink and CPU and GPU.

You basically retrofit the heatsink to the board with different hardware more tightly, actually flexing the board towards the heatsink a little. You'd also want to clean the board surface and use new thermal compound. I usually used artic silver 5 for about everything I do. While you are in there you can also get some dynomat and a tailsmoon fan to make it a little quiter. It doesn't get as quite as it aught to be but it helps. The fan also moves more CFM which helps cooling.

This illustrates the fan install

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...2246298,00.asp

here is one that talks about dynomat

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...2066860,00.asp

I have dynomat and the better fan in my current xbox, I did the same set up on the one I fixed for my ex girlfriend, but she has that xbox360.

This vid is one of many sets of instructions on how to fix the red ring of death problem.

The one I fixed with this method never had the problem again, at least as far as I know. I broke up with the girl who has it now about a year or so after I fixed it.

If you read one involving a towel, don't do that one. I heard it may work temporarily but long term that is a bad idea for all of the components with in.

Here is another link. If you google red ring of death there is a ton of resources

http://www.squidoo.com/xbox-troubles...g-of-death-fix

people even sell repair kits on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fix-Red-Ring-of-...item3a55d8094c

you can find most of this stuff at your local hardware store though, microcenter has thermal compound if you don't have any of that.

Anyway that is the deal. The broken xbox I have is currently partially dismantled so the warranty seal is already broken. I can put it back together before I give it to you if you like, or leave it apart so you more easily see how it comes apart. One of the most difficult parts of the process is figuring out how to open it up with out breaking the plastic clips.

anyway $25, I live near 161 and 71, come on by and get it and I'll drink a beer with you and talk bike for a bit too if you aren't in a hurry. ;)

I have one that i guess i need to sell. I just bought a new TV that uses HDMI cables but my console must be an older model because it doesn't have an HDMI port. Soooo, if you're interested it has a 20G hard drive, an AV cable, headset, an extra black faceplate and a wireless controller. How's $160 sound? I also have a Monster HD AV cable I'll throw in for an extra $20 if you want it.

The only problem is i need to figure out how to transfer all the data from the old hard drive to the new one before i sell it, are you wanting this for Christmas?

refurbished ones are going for $133 at game stop. but thats with out a hard drive. i would want HDMI with mine tho