a guy today offered me this...

$160 for everything

refurb xbox 360 from gamestop

1 year warrenty (bought in nov 09)

2 wireless controllers (1 new)

cords and such

HDMI capable and has receipt.

what do you think?

I bought my first xbox through gamestop which was a refurb and paid $209 for it 3 years ago. That being said I am now on my 3rd Xbox because the past 2 refurbs got RROD

I bought my first xbox through gamestop which was a refurb and paid $209 for it 3 years ago. That being said I am now on my 3rd Xbox because the past 2 refurbs got RROD

so there refurbs suck... lol sweet thats kinda what i wanted to know

so there refurbs suck... lol sweet thats kinda what i wanted to know

Honestly I don't think they are any better/worse than a brand new one. I blame my old roommate for one of them because he left it on for a straight week while I was on vacation

But they have a warranty..so not sure how you can go wrong.

Exactly, I haven't paid a single dime since buying the first one

Honestly I don't think they are any better/worse than a brand new one. I blame my old roommate for one of them because he left it on for a straight week while I was on vacation

Exactly, I haven't paid a single dime since buying the first one

is the warrenty still valid if it changes owners?

if you buy it from gamestop, its covered

exactly.. buy i didnt. i bought from a dude that bought at gamestop. ya know what i mean? for all i know mine with go RROD and ill take it in and they will send that other dude a new Xbox

is the warrenty still valid if it changes owners?

I would assume so. When I've sent mine back all they ask for is the serial number and my address as they sent me an email containing the shipping label and all I had to do was throw it in the box and drop it in the mail

true. but.. fuck x box PS3 FTW

ps3 is better for the blu ray and lack of RROD. I prefer xbox as I feel the games are much better, i like xbox live over PSN and the controller layout. I have not personally owned a ps3 but I live with a friend who had one so I used it pretty extensively.