Where do you ride off-road

redkow97

The danger now is from the much faster speeds that can be carried.

I agree man...Speed kills...I'd rather ride slower and technical all day than fast on a dirt trail. Although brief zoomin is fun but those woopydoos and washouts can creap up on ya. Back in the day those woopydoos on a 3 wheeler with no rear suspension were a hell of a thing.

Edited by Gump

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PSF is Not for a beginner rider.

It's quite good for a beginner, IMHO, but you have to go with someone who knows the place and can guide you.

First, it's seldom crowded. During the week you can have the entire thing to yourself. That minimizes risk of collision.

Second, the trail network including the off-trail sections are so vast you can ride almost any terrain imaginable. If you're a beginner, there with someone who knows where they're going, you can be guided to easy sections. At the very least, you can let a new rider just get acclimated to dirt by going up and down the main corridor and the little "ear" loops off of those casually until they're ready to do more. You can't really do that at Wayne, it's trail or nothing with 2-way traffic.

I learned to ride dirt at Perry pretty much, and have taken many new riders there. One of the guys I just went with was on a KTM990 Adventure and is relatively new to dirt, he did fine but I was careful not to lead him to steep hills or wallow in mud.

Turning a new guy loose at Perry would be bad, but not if you show them where to go.