remember these awesome vintage dirts

sanlot17

Wow, drum brakes, you are brave.

I raced these back when I was younger as well.

If it was a wet race or you crossed a creek during the race, you had no brakes until they dried out ..... if they dried out.

The shocks did kinda suck, but we didn't have many man made jumps back then so it wasn't that big of an issue. Plus, you could go the FMS route with some stiffer springs.

My dream bike that I never had from the 1970;s....

Mitrionmaico_400.jpg

The Maico 400 was the shit back in the day and you rarely saw them at local races as they we're so expensive. Radial fin heads, conical hubs, FMS and all sorts of cool shit.

I watched Heikki Mikola race one at the Trans-AMA races at Honda Hills around 1974 or so. He was hauling the mail until is front spokes blew apart on the creek crossing on the back section of the track.

My dream bike that I never had from the 1970;s....

Mitrionmaico_400.jpg

The Maico 400 was the shit back in the day and you rarely saw them at local races as they we're so expensive. Radial fin heads, conical hubs, FMS and all sorts of cool shit.

I watched Heikki Mikola race one at the Trans-AMA races at Honda Hills around 1974 or so. He was hauling the mail until is front spokes blew apart on the creek crossing on the back section of the track.

That was and is a bad bike! I grew up a couple miles from a Maico dealer. I always hung out there when I was around 8-14yrs old...Nice memories.