Buy some Sprint stock?

Gump

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will have the Evo tomorrow. Hope its great.

Be sure to let us know how it is! Of course, by the time I'm due for my uprgade at the beginning of next year, they'll have something better than it anyway. Right now, I'm pretty happy with my Hero.

• 2 years later...
I think so. Waiting on something to happen. I think Sprint has the prepaid market pegged. They start selling their 4G EVO June 4th. Wimax is an issue of the race sorts.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444354004578057111561791132.html?ru=yahoo&mod=yahoo_hs

• 3 months later...

right now, Sprint has an offer on the table of $2.97 to buy Clearwire. Dish is offering about $3.30 per share for Clearwire, but essentially they need Sprint's approval to move forward with the offer the way it's being presented, which Sprint clearly is not going to do. So right now, we expect Sprint's offer to go through and that deal should close sometime midyear or so.

TWST: What makes Clearwire attractive to both Sprint and Dish?

Mr. King: The reason Clearwire is attractive is its spectrum position. Clearwire has a lot of spectrum in the 2.5 gigahertz spectrum bands. That is what makes Clearwire valuable. Quite honestly, it is the only thing that makes Clearwire valuable.

TWST: Is part of that value because of limited spectrum? Are we going to see more spectrum become available, or is it pretty much tapped out?

Mr. King: More spectrum will become available eventually.The FCC is trying to cull back spectrum from the broadcasters, for example, to auction that off at some point.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/2-5-gigahertz-spectrum-band-184000319.html

• 2 months later...