Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays?

chevysoldier

I just don't understand......why people can't be a part of any festive occasion and why will they be offended by "Merry Christmas" "Happy Id" well as I understand the lack of tolerance leads to the cause of highest number of deaths from only one single thing from time immemorial "the religion"

Some picture of the city Calcutta, India during Christmas, where I am from originally. In this city about 70% of the population is Hindu and 15% each of Muslim and Catholic.....but all the occasions are celebrated equally....

2147077113_b1c8711e2d_o.jpg

2147081307_9531a6b791_o.jpg

2147871062_f5330fd256_o.jpg

With no offense to anybody...I am an atheist, don't believe in god or religion (but I am not a communist either) and damn celebrated every festive occasion in my home with all the bells, whistles and happiness.

Yes and I do pray before start of a race or trackday. Hard to believe for some but atheism and believers exist side by side in my daily life.

Christmas morning 2009

DSCN4965.jpg

Edited by Kosmo
damn typo

With no offense to anybody...I am an atheist, don't believe in god or religion (but I am not a communist either) and damn celebrated every festive occasion in my home with all the bells, whistles and happiness.

Yes and I do prey before start of a race or trackday. Hard to believe for some but atheism and believers exist side by side in my daily life.

Christmas morning 2009

Just wondering....

What do you "prey" on before a trackday?

I have a lot of customers that are indian/arabic and even THEY say Merry Christmas, because they realize its a big part of our culture/religion here in the states. All this PC bull crap is just media manufactured, even the Punjabis and Arabs respect da Christmas!

+1

I'm surprised by the answers here... but whatever.

I say happy holidays, christmas is just one of about 6 Major holidays being celebrated within the 2 week period in the middle of december. Happy holidays saves me time.

otherwise, to include most everyone I have to say "happy Hanukkah, happy Kwanzaa, merry Winter Solstice, a joyous Yule, a bodacious Boxing Day, and a merry Christmas"

Christmas is just a Hijacked name for Yule anyway, jesus was born in the summertime, (possibly late spring, or early autumn) shepherds didn't tend their flocks by night in winter.

You're right Duane, He was born in the spring time. 6 months after his cousin John who was born in the fall(October on our calendar)

And Christmas didn't start as a religious holiday. It was actually a Pagan holiday. It was changed after the Christians either converted or killed the Pagans. Easter wasn't a Christian holiday either. ;)

The best thing I've seen is when Best Buy (I think) posted the "happy whatever" for the Muslim holiday and people screamed it was ignorant because endorsing a Muslim holiday meant they were terrorist endorsing...

It's the same people complaining Merry Christmas wasn't being said... way to be retarded.

Anyway, I say happy holidays around the holidays, and whatever the holiday is on the holiday, if someone says merry christmas to me I say it back... I just don't give enough of a fuck, if that's the way you express your beliefs (by getting up in arms about how someone wishes you well) odds are I don't want to waste any more time with you :) That goes for both sides.

Anyway, I say happy holidays around the holidays, and whatever the holiday is on the holiday, if someone says merry christmas to me I say it back... I just don't give enough of a fuck, if that's the way you express your beliefs (by getting up in arms about how someone wishes you well) odds are I don't want to waste any more time with you :) That goes for both sides.

ditto

Ok, that begs the REAL question.

As an atheist (a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings) to whom do you pray before a trackday?

I am not starting any argument......

my praying is a wish for goodluck for all from me

"humanity" is the supreme being to me with the potential existence in each human being....

I am not starting any argument......

my praying is a wish for goodluck for all from me

"humanity" is the supreme being to me with the potential existence in each human being....

I wasn't trying to either. I've just never heard of an atheist praying.

If you believe in a supreme being, regardless of where you believe it resides, you're certainly not an atheist. An agnostic, maybe, but not certainly not an atheist.

If you believe in a supreme being, regardless of where you believe it resides, you're certainly not an atheist. An agnostic, maybe, but not certainly not an atheist.

OK....I will take that..........:D

If there is a god, so be it.